Forums
Posted By: GazLar Air Con Recharge - 12th Jul 2013 2:39pm
I have a 55 plate Mondeo and the aircon is blowing out hot air on the lowest setting, do any of you know how to fix this problem or know of any cheap places to recharge the unit please. Cheers
Posted By: Salmon Re: Air Con Recharge - 12th Jul 2013 3:41pm
I don't know if they work or how good they are but I noticed that Halfords have this:
EZ Chill Auto Air Conditioning Recharge for £34.99 which includes a £10 refund when you return the empty canister.There is a you tube video as well which shows how to do it.

Otherwise there are a few places around who will do it but this is probably peak season so I doubt you will get many offers.ATS say £44.99.
Posted By: Paul77 Re: Air Con Recharge - 12th Jul 2013 3:52pm
I used "we chill any car" mobile service, nice guy, cost £50 but i got a full breakdown of what was what, my mercs system was full of air and had to be bleed out first.

It now blows ice cold air, i wouldn't muck about with canned stuff and i wouldnt let anyone from ATS, Kwikfit, halfords etc near my car.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Air Con Recharge - 12th Jul 2013 4:20pm
steve at sk automotive... CLICKY CLICK

Originally Posted by Paul77
I used "we chill any car" mobile service, nice guy, cost £50 but i got a full breakdown of what was what, my mercs system was full of air and had to be bleed out first.

should always be emptied and held under a vacuum for about 30 minutes anyway to check for leaks.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Air Con Recharge - 12th Jul 2013 5:26pm
and bacteria.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Air Con Recharge - 12th Jul 2013 11:50pm
Wechillanycar
only cover around London, Kent, Essex, Herts, Bucks, Berks, Middlesex And Surrey

http://www.wechillanycar.com/#!areas_covered/c2338
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Air Con Recharge - 13th Jul 2013 6:34am
I think he means wecoolanycar they cover the Wirral and surrounding areas,he did mine in the spring . Very good service indeed and he also fixes and repairs systems, he gave me very good advice and will deffo use him again
Posted By: Paul77 Re: Air Con Recharge - 13th Jul 2013 6:43am
Yes I got the name wrong doh, it "we cool any car"
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Air Con Recharge - 13th Jul 2013 9:39am
I`ll give them a call. Cheers
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Air Con Recharge - 13th Jul 2013 11:09am
The person I have found very reliable, and will spend time to make sure your aircon is in tip top condition, is http://www.skauto.co.uk/air_conditioning.php stay away from company's who have your aircon done in 5 to 10 mins, 30 mins min is best.

Posted By: Weeman Re: Air Con Recharge - 14th Jul 2013 4:11pm
I would check your Air con relay 1st as this may be faulty then use Kwik fit who will refund you the cost if the recharge doesn`t work.
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Air Con Recharge - 14th Jul 2013 9:31pm
When 'we cool any car dot com' did mine he said they won't charge twice for gas if there is a problem,,,,so if there is a leak they will come back and advise with no obligation
And I'm still cool four months on whhhoooopieeee
Posted By: GazLar Re: Air Con Recharge - 15th Jul 2013 9:05am
Sorry, I am a little dumb when it comes to cars, where is the relay switch
© Wirral-Wikiwirral