Forums
Posted By: kensden vw bora 2.0 sport - 9th Jul 2013 10:09am
hi does anyone know where I can get a maf sensor cleaner called crc oranyone know what one too use too clean the sensors thanks
Posted By: Willo_ Re: vw bora 2.0 sport - 9th Jul 2013 10:16am
I normally use electrical contact cleaner or carb cleaner
Posted By: kensden Re: vw bora 2.0 sport - 9th Jul 2013 11:55am
a lot off people saying don't use carb cleaner so if anything trying too get rite stuff thanks
Posted By: mrhanky Re: vw bora 2.0 sport - 9th Jul 2013 12:08pm
I've found best results with ultrasonic cleaner.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: vw bora 2.0 sport - 10th Jul 2013 9:53am
You shouldn't need to clean a MAF sensor, they're self cleaning by running a current along the wires to "burn" off any crud.

However, should you want to clean out the entire housing, electrical contact cleaner is your best bet. Halfords sell it quite cheaply:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId_195717_langId_-1_categoryId_255223

If you're having running issues get a diagnostic check. A faulty MAF will show up a P code - P0102, P0103.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: vw bora 2.0 sport - 10th Jul 2013 9:58pm
i had problems with my sensor and just cleaned out the main air hoses -- a small residue of oily deposits in one of the hoses close to the sensor might have beem causing it to "operate" incorrectly. Not had the problem since (3 years back)
Posted By: kensden Re: vw bora 2.0 sport - 11th Jul 2013 9:11am
hi had it checked and its the lambda sensor 2 so the guy cleared the fault on the fault finder thingy and its been ok upto now maybe there was a fault in the block where it joined so am leaving it till it returns then I will go and get a lambda sensor easy too replace thanks
Posted By: Gibbo Re: vw bora 2.0 sport - 11th Jul 2013 1:37pm
Easy to replace but not necessarily cheap.

Its possible (especially on Peugeots and Citroens) that the code is an old one and hasn't been cleared after a part has been replaced.

I always clear codes, give the car a run and scan again to be on the safe side and to not give misleading information on where the problem is.

The good thing about using genuine diagnostic equipment is that it logs the mileage when the fault appeared. So you can verify if its an old code or not.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral