Forums
Posted By: fillbo corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 8th Jul 2013 7:44pm
can someone tell me which of the two filters is the right one for the above car, the one on the right came out and I was given one like the one on the left by Europarts.

Attached picture IMG_0863.JPG
Posted By: turnip Re: corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 8th Jul 2013 8:27pm
if you went for the cheapest option theyre often not a perfect fit as they may put extra bits on to fit more cars. If you want the proper fitments and things go for the slightly more expensive ones. often theyre only about £1 or £2 different in price but they just make life easier.
Posted By: fillbo Re: corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 8th Jul 2013 8:41pm
Hi turnip,I just ordered a filter from Europarts and they supplied me with one like the one on the left,the one on the right I got from them also.is there any difference or are both suitably to use?
Posted By: mrhanky Re: corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 8th Jul 2013 9:03pm
looks like it's left from the moulding
Posted By: fillbo Re: corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 8th Jul 2013 9:39pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky

No it's definitely made that way,I think it's a non return valve!!
Posted By: Willo_ Re: corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 8th Jul 2013 9:52pm
When you put your car details into euro car parts, it gives you 3 choices, this one looks like your old one,

Attached picture oilf.JPG
Posted By: turnip Re: corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 8th Jul 2013 10:05pm
The three choices are the same filter just different makes. the way the part numbers work is that the final digit is representative to the manufacturer.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 8th Jul 2013 11:31pm
Originally Posted by fillbo
Originally Posted by mrhanky

No it's definitely made that way,I think it's a non return valve!!

hard to tell, looking at it on my phone. what's the part number on the filter?
Posted By: Colt743 Re: corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 9th Jul 2013 8:04am
There is usually a difference on the Corsa depending if the oil filter housing is a UFI or a PURFLUX manufacturer.

The online catalog doesn't specify or give that option, check the housing and see which one it is and then give your local branch a call and they will be able to give you the part number of the correct one! (Or you can order it if you like)

Ignore me, That is for the Corsa D

Like someone has said above the part number is the same just the last digit is the brand, so they are all the same. Just sometimes the guttman filter (ending in 1) isnt moulded very well.
Posted By: fillbo Re: corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 9th Jul 2013 6:42pm
So basically I can use any of those three,pic below is the one they gave me,as you can see it's the one they recommend and not the cheapest.

Attached picture filter.JPG
Posted By: fillbo Re: corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 9th Jul 2013 7:30pm
Thanks turnip,didn't see your message till now,as you say all the same filter just different makes
Posted By: fillbo Re: corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 9th Jul 2013 7:51pm
Originally Posted by fillbo
So basically I can use any of those three,pic below is the one they gave me,as you can see it's the one they recommend and not the cheapest.

Confused now!! the filter was like the one in pic above--but in a box marked Guttmann with the No 501720011!!!!
Posted By: Willo_ Re: corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 9th Jul 2013 8:06pm
The one on left is your old one, why not just go for the one on right from eurocar parts, its identical to the one that came of your car.

Attached picture x2.JPG
Posted By: fillbo Re: corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 9th Jul 2013 9:26pm
Originally Posted by Willo_
The one on left is your old one, why not just go for the one on right from eurocar parts, its identical to the one that came of your car.

My old one came from eurocar,the new one came in a box marked GUTTMANN Ser No 501720011 which should have been the same as the old one but didn't notice the difference until I had drained the oil and removed the old filter.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 9th Jul 2013 10:00pm
For the difference in price, I personally would go to Vauxhalls and buy genuine
Posted By: Gibbo Re: corsa 1.2 - 51 plate - oil filter-which one - 10th Jul 2013 9:52am
Me too. Quite often the dealer price isn't much different. For Pugs you can get a genuine Peugeot oil filter and copper sump washer for the same price as a Euro filter.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral