Forums
Posted By: TheDr Air Con Servicing - 25th May 2013 11:11pm
Two questions, if anyone can help.

Took my Chrysler into Kwik Fit for an Air Con recharge, they went through the full setup and then at the end said that it wasn't holding, so they couldn't complete the job.
There was no charge, but I need someone to actually service/repair the system rather than test/refill I think.

They can't recharge my Subaru at all as the connectors are different (R-134a I think).
I did get one of those can refill kits off eBay a few years ago, which worked for quite a while, but ideally I'd like someone to do it properly.

Any recommendations on who to use/prices.

Thanks
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Air Con Servicing - 26th May 2013 12:25am
speak to steve at sk automotive... CLICKY CLICK
Posted By: 1971efc Re: Air Con Servicing - 26th May 2013 12:58am
had the same problem with my astra after a recharge and was told the pump wasn't working and lookers said £500,,, I will open the window instead from now on
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Air Con Servicing - 26th May 2013 8:59am
Originally Posted by mrhanky
speak to steve at sk automotive... CLICKY CLICK
I used this guy a couple of days ago, found my leak inless than 3 mins, knows his stuff.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Air Con Servicing - 26th May 2013 9:15am
Slightly off topic,but how many people with A/C in their cars actually use it? I've had my faithful jalopy for eleven years and I don't think I've used the A/C more than six times.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Air Con Servicing - 26th May 2013 9:31am
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
Slightly off topic,but how many people with A/C in their cars actually use it? I've had my faithful jalopy for eleven years and I don't think I've used the A/C more than six times.
Its these people who don't use it that have the problems when they do use it, as it you don't use it the oil in system does not circulate and seals dry up.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Air Con Servicing - 26th May 2013 3:56pm
Originally Posted by BurgerChips
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
Its these people who don't use it that have the problems when they do use it, as it you don't use it the oil in system does not circulate and seals dry up.

Exactly, even in the winter Ill run the A/C (it works on warm as well as cold wink ) just to keep everything moving, lubricated, and it keeps all the seals and "O" rings supple and sealing as they should.

Its also a good idea to stay away from top up kits - an aircon re-charge service empties everything from the system, inc any water condensation that may build up in there, and replaces everything with the gasses / lubricating fluids that should be in there - top up kits can cause more problems than you hope them to fix...
Posted By: McFlurry Re: Air Con Servicing - 26th May 2013 4:39pm
Same here. A/C is on all the time when I am in the car. Hot or cold.
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Air Con Servicing - 1st Jun 2013 6:55pm
I'm sure if you search car air con repair Wirral on google you will get the result you need
© Wirral-Wikiwirral