Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Tyres - 14th May 2013 4:22pm
Am after some new tyres, any recommendations,
I want brand new
i dont want some brand i have never heard off
Yes i know decent ones come at a price.
I want really good quality, fuel efficient, low road noise, and will last well, I do between 400 and 450 miles a week.

Manufature states i need, 195/60/R15 81V All tho kwik fit and national tyres dont have this size, am thinking its a missprint in hand book, and it should be 88V.

When i go to tyre sites and type my reg in, it comes back, Valid tyres could not be found in the system for this vehicle.

On my car at present are, 195/60/R15 88H
Posted By: little_pob Re: Tyres - 14th May 2013 4:47pm
The load rating specified in the manual is the lowest you should fit: http://www.tesco-tyres.com/help/load-rating

As such, 195/60/R15 88V should be fine.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Tyres - 14th May 2013 4:56pm
Originally Posted by little_pob
The load rating specified in the manual is the lowest you should fit: http://www.tesco-tyres.com/help/load-rating

As such, 195/60/R15 88V should be fine.
thumbsup
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Tyres - 14th May 2013 4:56pm
MANLEYS by Asda sorted..,;-))
Posted By: chris123 Re: Tyres - 14th May 2013 5:38pm
Depends how quick you want them- costco is the best place when they have there offer on (not on at the moment, its twice a year)

I got 4 michelin energy tyres for £220 around xmas time so will prob be on again in next couple of months
Posted By: venice Re: Tyres - 14th May 2013 7:11pm
Other half would go straight to an ATS because weve always found them good. Ask if you have the right tyres on now, if not what should you have on , and can they supply them. Their prices are not bad at all weve found in the past, they know their subject and theres an absence of bullshit in our nearest branch down the road in Neston .Other half would pick Michelin Energy.
Posted By: sam_w Re: Tyres - 14th May 2013 9:02pm
Originally Posted by Fireblade
MANLEYS by Asda sorted..,;-))

I was just about to recommend Manley Tyres. I went for the first time last month and they where spot on, great customer service and the work was quick to a high standard.
Posted By: Stingray Re: Tyres - 15th May 2013 9:13am
Costco!
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Tyres - 15th May 2013 10:25am
I bought Yokohamas from blackcircles.com and had them fitted by Crane Bank Garage at Wallasey. Great price and great service.
Posted By: kemirakid Re: Tyres - 15th May 2013 1:31pm
Try bathers opposite lairds or tyre guys in seacombe
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Tyres - 16th May 2013 9:11pm
I have decided to go for
Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance: From Asda

Kwik Fit: £326:40
National Tyres: £395:20
Asda To Be Fitted At Tunnel Tyres: £300:44
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Tyres - 17th May 2013 12:35pm
That's great, Tunnel Tyres are great fellas too so its good to give the money to someone local and not a faceless chain.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral