Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Peugeot 307 xsi - 25th Mar 2013 11:31pm
Peugeot 307 xsi, any one had one, what are they like.
Any known problems with them.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 25th Mar 2013 11:36pm
Originally Posted by BurgerChips

they are French.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 25th Mar 2013 11:38pm
Originally Posted by Dilly

they are French.
I was kind of hoping for some feedback from anyone that's drove one or owned one.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 25th Mar 2013 11:41pm
As its almost midnight I think most will be in bed, wait till tomorrow. cheers
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 25th Mar 2013 11:51pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
As its almost midnight I think most will be in bed, wait till tomorrow. cheers
And where have I stated that I want answer today.?

And for your info, I will post my adds as and when I want to. I can not find in rules where it states can not post question near to midnight.

If you have nothing to add to the question why post for the hell of it.

There is a rule about keeping on topic.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 25th Mar 2013 11:53pm
And there i was trying to be helpful to a "forum guide". I know how to be guided now.
Posted By: trouble Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 12:11am
we got one hun nice car people need to get a life on here . no problems with rs in 5 years
Posted By: trouble Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 12:13am
y u still up then reading this topic coz u got nufin else to do a
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 6:45am
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
And there i was trying to be helpful to a "forum guide". I know how to be guided now.

That refers to post count only.
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 6:48am
If the 307 is anything like the 206 I had years ago then I'd steer clear.

I think Dilly had a point... as flippant as it may initially have sounded.

If I were looking for a smaller car such as 307 then I'd be looking at the Fiesta?

Maybe a Polo?

(I won't recommend a Focus but you can get a 1.4...)
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 6:49am
Originally Posted by trouble
we got one hun nice car people need to get a life on here . no problems with rs in 5 years
Thank you. Am going to view one this afternoon.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 6:53am
Originally Posted by MadonnaFan
If the 307 is anything like the 206 I had years ago then I'd steer clear.

I think Dilly had a point... as flippant as it may initially have sounded.

If I were looking for a smaller car such as 307 then I'd be looking at the Fiesta?

Maybe a Polo?

(I won't recommend a Focus but you can get a 1.4...)
The one am going to view, has a service history, and is in really nice condition, but I've only seen it in pictures, so the proof is in the pudding as they say I will go view today and take for test drive.

VW's don't appeal to me, I have had a fiesta in the past, and they don't appeal to me.
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 7:14am
There ok nothing special, and miles apart from the 206
The are a bit tinny tho
Posted By: turnip Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 9:00am

they are French.
I was kind of hoping for some feedback from anyone that's drove one or owned one.

hi i have a hotpoint washing machine that is draining but no drum movement so wont wash .any ideas thanks
It's broken.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 9:03am
Originally Posted by turnip
[quote=BurgerChips]Peugeot 307 xsi, any one had one, what are they like.

they are French.

hi i have a hotpoint washing machine that is draining but no drum movement so wont wash .any ideas thanks
It's broken.
And your point being
Posted By: turnip Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 9:08am
You can't moan about people posting flippant replies to your posts when you do the same thing.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 9:11am
Originally Posted by turnip
You can't moan about people posting flippant replies to your posts when you do the same thing.
And where have i moaned.

I said I was kind off hopeing for comments from people who have drove one or owned one.

Which part of that is moaning?

If you have drove one, or owned one or have any thing to say about the car, then feel free to make a sensible comment, if you just want to chat shite then post away in General Chat. Why try to cause an argument.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 9:22am
i had one for 6 months, was about 2 years old, went to derbyshire and back everyday with no problems apart from a smashed reg plate when a fox ran out on the motorway.

Good on fuel, would be bad in a collision though if the 206 is anything to go by, oh and they have those shitty electronic accelerators.

Apart from that, comfy, good of gas and a nice looking thing, try to get a silver one as they look nicer smile
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 9:57am
My fella has had Peugeot's for years. He runs a mobile diagnostic service in the local area and is on many forums relating to Peugeots. He will probably pick up on this post and drop you a reply, if not his name is Gibbo if you want to do a search. He will give you some good advice on known problems with them.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 10:22am
Ive had a few as hire cars....

Like most French boats they are very comfortable, good seats and driving position. They do however feel cheap and plasticy and not very well put together compaired to similar sized cars like the Focus or anything German or Jap.

Diesels can be quite frugal and plenty of torque, I didnt find the Petrol ones either economical or fasts however.

Like all French cars their electrics let them down in later life.

Basically, cheap, cheerful and comfy. Not inspiring if you like driving, but as a cheap runner they do the job.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 10:23am
...and dont buy an Auto - the French are crap at making autos work with small engines!
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 12:43pm
Thanks for comments.
This is it
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 2:41pm
check the suspension, wishbones etc, not a very good advert taking photos of the car on a kerb.

Tracking probably out due to excessive mounting, use it as a bargaining tool and maybe ask sallybears fella to take a look at it for you, shouldn't cost too much.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 3:31pm
Well it seems my insurance has put paid to me getting this, as they want £105 per month, that's almost double what am paying at the moment.

I don't understand how these insurance company's get there prices.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 3:37pm
It`s probably due to their safety record , pugs aren`t the safest of cars to drive. (if a collision occurs that is)
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 5:13pm
Probably because it's gold! Horrible car.

A massive downgrade.
Posted By: workinclasshero Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 8:11pm
Definetley a tarts car
Posted By: Dilly Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 26th Mar 2013 10:50pm
thats very sexist Workingclass !
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 27th Mar 2013 10:42am
Originally Posted by workinclasshero
Definetley a tarts car
So who do you class as Tarts then?
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 27th Mar 2013 11:41am
The XSI isn't too bad a car. Like any car they're only as good as how well looked after it's been by the former keeper(s).

The biggest specific problems the early 307s have are:

Wing colours changing. The front wings are plastic and fade differently to the rest of the car.

Indicator stalks. Early ones wore out quickly, a new replacement will be around £150. This was fixed a couple of years later, and the service history may show if its been done.

ABS sensors. The ABS sensors on the rear axles get rust and dirt build up behind them and push the sensors away from the hub and give an "ABS FAULT" warning and the usual ABS judder when braking.

Take off the wheel, unscrew the sensors and clean the mounts with a wire brush. Costs nothing but half an hour of your time!

As Sallybear has said I know Pugs inside out (especially the 307 as I've had three). I'd be happy to take a look at it, run a diagnostic check with proper Peugeot diagnostic gear in order to pick up any faults and maybe haggle a better deal.
Posted By: workinclasshero Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 27th Mar 2013 9:29pm
A real man who does a real days graft and gets his hands dirty for an honest crust wouldnt be seen dead in a car like that That sort of car in a colour like that is a hairdressers car
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Peugeot 307 xsi - 31st Mar 2013 10:37pm
That's quite interesting because I know a few mechanics who drive the 307 because its comfy and the 2L 90BHP engine is a solid reliable one which doesn't have a DPF or DMF (and can be easily remapped), and only women care about car colours!

But please enlighten us to what a "real man" drives.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral