Forums
Posted By: Mark Wirral Pot Holes : Our Roads are Dangerous - 18th Mar 2013 9:00pm
I did mean to start a topic like this a few months ago but got side tracked.

Its disgusting the state of our roads on the Wirral, some parts are nothing short of dangerous.

1. Moreton Spur
From Moreton going down the onramp just off Upton Road. The Road as it joins the 70mph carriage way is waiting for a huge accident to happen. Its dangerous its not just a pot hole the carriageway is coming apart. If i was on a Motorbike i would be very very worried not having the stability of 4 wheels as that joins the carriageway. If i hadnt been so horrified to what i was driving into i would have got a photo just to show how bad it is.

Its not just the wirral but if you know of any bad spots we can warn drivers and bikers let us know. You may just save a life. Shame on you wirral roads. . . .
Posted By: trouble Re: Wirral Pot Holes : Our Roads are Dangerous - 18th Mar 2013 9:53pm
there people having to leave there homes due to cameron an u moaning bowt roads .theres a home for people with learning disabilities closing in moreton were these people have to try an fit in else were stop moaning and realise ow lucky u r
great contribution to this thread trouble!

stadium road in bromborough just past the great bear centre heading towards eastham - pretty bad holes in the road there!

beechwood road also bromborough, the road surface is in shreds, despite being repaired a few times i know of
Posted By: Cassidy Re: Wirral Pot Holes : Our Roads are Dangerous - 18th Mar 2013 10:27pm
Yes totally agree regarding the pot holes, in sick of it damaging my tyres and car. That moreton spur is terrible, you can't go in either lane to avoid it. Agree there is going to be a big accident there soon and they know it. That's why they have put the warning signs as you enter the motorway.

As for the other issues under David Cameron, totally agree there. There is people losing their homes and the disability place closing in moreton is terrible, but doesn't mean the pot holes is not an issue. That's the start of the motorway and I would hate to see a deadly accident there
Posted By: trouble Re: Wirral Pot Holes : Our Roads are Dangerous - 18th Mar 2013 11:05pm
YE I AGREE TO AN SORRY TO UPSET ANYONE IT JUST THE AMOUNT OF PEOLE I KNOW WHO R TERRIFIED WOT THERE GOING TO DO IS REALY BAD .SORRY AN U RIGHT ABOUT THE POTHOLES XX
Posted By: chriskay Re: Wirral Pot Holes : Our Roads are Dangerous - 18th Mar 2013 11:21pm
@trouble; please take your caps lock off.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Wirral Pot Holes : Our Roads are Dangerous - 19th Mar 2013 1:07pm
Check out Whitehouse lane, Manor road Brimstage and the worst one of all Willowbrow Lane Raby, they may be in the countryside but they still require to be maintained, I agree about the Moreton spur going onto the M53, they keep filling it but a week later it's just as bad.

The other issue about closing a centre is bad, but 13 years a Labour and 3 years of this crowd, we got what we voted in.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Wirral Pot Holes : Our Roads are Dangerous - 19th Mar 2013 1:56pm
Wirral roads are brilliant compared to Sheffield's.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Wirral Pot Holes : Our Roads are Dangerous - 19th Mar 2013 6:04pm
http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/

report them
Posted By: neilhbb Re: Wirral Pot Holes : Our Roads are Dangerous - 19th Mar 2013 8:04pm
Wirral Borough Council - 208th out of 214 for fixing them!

http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/league-table
Posted By: MikeT Re: Wirral Pot Holes : Our Roads are Dangerous - 20th Mar 2013 6:29am
another place to report: http://www.fixmystreet.co.uk

I can confirm the council do act on these.
The council have done a magnificent job of fixing the massive bowl that keeps appearing on Withens Lane , just outside The Saddle.Perhaps they would be better actually finding out whats causing the road to sink in rather than just keep on filling it in.Also , theres a lovely half exposed manhole on Manor Road , just before you turn left into the Withens Lane sink hole...so be careful...
Posted By: Stegga Re: Wirral Pot Holes : Our Roads are Dangerous - 21st Mar 2013 10:33am
I'll second that, having done a fair bit of driving in Sheffield in the last couple of months i can honestly say they have the worst roads i've used in this country. They make the Wirrals roads look pristeen.
Originally Posted by Gibbo
Wirral roads are brilliant compared to Sheffield's.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral