Forums
Posted By: Bizzybee1 Cheapest MOT - 24th Jan 2013 10:20am
Any good deals on MOT prices, B'head/Wallasey ?
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Cheapest MOT - 24th Jan 2013 10:31am
mike hursts on cumberland rd/seabank rd new brighton

genuine honest mot's !
Posted By: Dilly Re: Cheapest MOT - 24th Jan 2013 10:32am
Cheap Mot,s don't always turn out to be cheap, they are cheap to get you in and then try to get work from it. Try Ray Street, 0151 639 9976. £35 no retest fee, a very fair and honest bloke. Old Gorsey lane, dock Rd Wallasey.
Posted By: kemirakid Re: Cheapest MOT - 24th Jan 2013 10:34am
village motors wallasey
Posted By: saltytom Re: Cheapest MOT - 24th Jan 2013 11:42am
Mike O'Sullivan 471 Cleveland Street 0151 653 6060 cannot fault him or his staff.
Forget Village they hook you in and then you get the extra's.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Cheapest MOT - 24th Jan 2013 2:04pm
Village charged a costumer of mine £45 to fit a headlight bulb in an old Corsa, told her they had to remove the headlight to do it. Outrageous !
Posted By: starakita Re: Cheapest MOT - 24th Jan 2013 2:32pm
I went to A J motors corner of Frodsham st church rd £40 for the test & £20 for retest only failed on 4 things
Posted By: j_demo Re: Cheapest MOT - 24th Jan 2013 2:42pm
Originally Posted by jabber
mike hursts on cumberland rd/seabank rd new brighton

genuine honest mot's !

this
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Cheapest MOT - 25th Jan 2013 10:27pm
Mike Hurst did my MOT about 4 Months ago and charged £45 with no retest fee.
Just make sure that your car does not have any minor defaults as they will spot them and fail you on them!
They failed me on Tiny splits on Front Window wiper's, Registration plate light bulb (needed changing) and high Emissions.
To be fair tho, they are thorough and passed the car the next day within 10 minutes after i had sorted some new wipers, bulb and threw a bottle of cataclean in the tank and gave the car a good rag on the New Ferry bypass a few times.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Cheapest MOT - 27th Jan 2013 3:43pm
For diesels throw in a half bottle of Millers Diesel Ecomax. Its only a tenner and works wonders
Posted By: ianbx1 Re: Cheapest MOT - 27th Jan 2013 9:10pm
I was daft enough to get the Nissan dealer on Woodchurch road to do mine, he called me to say it would fail as I have a break-light bulb out (also told me I had the centre break-light bulb out but this was not a fail) . I told him to go ahead and change them .... fool that I am. The bulbs cost £1.75 each (plus VAT) the only problem being their minimum labour charge for work done is 1/2 an hour PER JOB so they charged me £16.00 (plus VAT) per bulb, it therefore cost me £45.00 + for two bulbs. They lost a customer that day.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Cheapest MOT - 28th Jan 2013 12:10pm
Originally Posted by ianbx1
The only problem being their minimum labour charge for work done is 1/2 an hour PER JOB so they charged me £16.00 (plus VAT) per bulb, it therefore cost me £45.00 + for two bulbs. They lost a customer that day.

That's sharp practice. It seems to me that the "job" was to change two bulbs. However, their labour rates seem ridiculously low for a main dealer, £32 per hour + VAT = £38.40. My local main dealers charge more than double that. Using your figures, the total bill should have been £42.60, not £45.00+
Posted By: Neil_c Re: Cheapest MOT - 7th Feb 2013 9:13pm
got mine done at uplands, manor drive today, £47 with no retest fee. Passed my 15 year old car with no faults or advisories, but I suppose I did swap out most of the suspension on it last year.

Tried going to cheaper places but they usually end up costing you more in silly little extras like wiper blades (that they like to sell you).
© Wirral-Wikiwirral