Forums
Posted By: Pinkyroo My fiesta - 23rd Jan 2013 9:32pm
Hi somebody reversed into my car whilst it was parked in a car park 2nite. He waited 2speak 2 me an leave his details. but there doesn't seem 2 be any marks he thinks he hit my back wheel or there abouts. Could that be the end of it or should I get it checked over? It's a 2door fiesta new shape.
Posted By: TheDr Re: My fiesta - 23rd Jan 2013 9:41pm
Get it checked, but be aware that he may now claim that you hit him, which is why you exchanged details, and the passengers that miraculously appeared in his car will back that up.

Hopefully/Probably everything is fine, but always be aware.
Posted By: Pinkyroo Re: My fiesta - 23rd Jan 2013 9:45pm
Oh no surely not. It's the side of my car an the back of his so hopefully that won't happen thanks 4 makin me aware tho.
Posted By: TheDr Re: My fiesta - 23rd Jan 2013 10:26pm
I had something similar happen a few years ago.

A large vehicle from a "well known" Liverpool company ran into the side of my car, I stopped and spoke to the driver who apologised and gave his details.

When I contacted my insurance they warned me that the other party had made a claim for me hitting them and the drivers mate backed him up.

I then called the company boss to ask what he thought he was trying to pull, he said that he was claiming for the vehicle, the time it would be out of commission, loss of work etc etc.

That afternoon I emailed a copy of the in-car camera video to my insurance.

I had a replacement hire car within the hour smile
Posted By: futurepast Re: My fiesta - 23rd Jan 2013 10:48pm
Not every one is a cheat or con maybe this is a genuine person who was obeying the law.
Posted By: TheDr Re: My fiesta - 23rd Jan 2013 10:58pm
Originally Posted by futurepast
Not every one is a cheat or con maybe this is a genuine person who was obeying the law.

Not suggesting that everybody is, the Original Poster asked if that would be the end of it, I was just making them aware.

The majority of people are mostly straight, it's the ones that set out to shaft you that can really mess things up.
Posted By: ConanG Re: My fiesta - 24th Jan 2013 12:29am
No harm getting it checked, but unless your car was hit hard it's unlikely there's any damage
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: My fiesta - 24th Jan 2013 10:41am
Originally Posted by TheDr
I had something similar happen a few years ago.

A large vehicle from a "well known" Liverpool company ran into the side of my car, I stopped and spoke to the driver who apologised and gave his details.

When I contacted my insurance they warned me that the other party had made a claim for me hitting them and the drivers mate backed him up.

I then called the company boss to ask what he thought he was trying to pull, he said that he was claiming for the vehicle, the time it would be out of commission, loss of work etc etc.

That afternoon I emailed a copy of the in-car camera video to my insurance.

I had a replacement hire car within the hour smile

That just made me really, really angry. Cheers!
Posted By: Pinkyroo Re: My fiesta - 24th Jan 2013 12:12pm
Cars fine thank god. Thanks for all advice
© Wirral-Wikiwirral