Forums
Posted By: pegsgirl BlueTooth Connection - 22nd Jan 2013 9:29pm
Hi can anyone advise me please, i have a 10 plate Fiesta with built in handsfree, i switch my phone onto bluetooth get in my car and i connect straight away. However since yesterday its telling me there is no phones paired, so i have gone through all the pelava of re pairing, but it still wont connect i noticed today that the bluetooth setting on my car is ticked to off, and i cant un tick it to turn it back on. After reading the manual it says just tick bluetooth to on and pair the phone, enter the code into the phone and thats it, but i cant get that far as bluetooth wont untick. I think its frozen with all the cold weather ha ha. Any suggestions please.
Posted By: TheDr Re: BlueTooth Connection - 22nd Jan 2013 9:42pm
It's a known fault with the Fiesta (and the Focus), your dealer should be able to do a software update (under warranty) to sort it out.

Quick method to clear it yourself (but it will probably happen again until you have the update done) is to pull the fuse for the head unit, or disconnect the battery for 20 seconds or so and this will cause it to reset.

If you're using an iPhone make sure you tell it to "Forget" the settings.

Some of the head units need a code, others are linked into the car, if you need a code make sure you have it before disconnecting the power.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: BlueTooth Connection - 22nd Jan 2013 9:46pm
Thanks Dr, I will get my hubby to disconnect the battery, it is due for its service in Feb and was going to mention it then, but as i do a bit of driving i do miss having handsfree, i have resorted to connecting my Sat nav. I don't have an iphone just a smart phone... although its not very smart at the moment.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral