Forums
Posted By: Thom74 Window screen seal - 16th Jan 2013 9:55am
I have a 2002 Renault Laguna 1.8 with a leaking window screen. It leaks in terribly when it's pissing down, onto my lap through the sun visor. It has also gone into the electrics which put the car off the road for a few days. Also leaks into the passenger foot well.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? some people have recommended stuff from halfords but I've been advised to avoid this. I can pay my excess and get it replaced but would this affect my insurance? (due for renewal).

Cheers, Tom
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Window screen seal - 16th Jan 2013 10:07am
should be cheap enough not to bother with your insurance, as long as it's not a heated one, speak to wirral spares, 653 4422, they have a guy who does them at a good price.

has it got a sunroof?
Posted By: Thom74 Re: Window screen seal - 16th Jan 2013 10:10am
yes
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Window screen seal - 16th Jan 2013 10:20am
can you see exactly where the water is coming in from? it's more likely to be coming from the sunroof drain than the front screen, unless the screen has been replaced and someone hasn't done a good job.
Posted By: Thom74 Re: Window screen seal - 16th Jan 2013 10:24am
Where the sun Visor is connected and also in the bottom corner of the passenger foot well, that's all i know. I've wiped around the sunroof but haven't seen any leaks there otherwise it would drip on me head.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Window screen seal - 16th Jan 2013 10:28am
It will be the drain for the sun roof. Blocked or a hole in the pipes that run through the car
Posted By: Thom74 Re: Window screen seal - 16th Jan 2013 10:29am
Is it possible to fix myself?
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Window screen seal - 16th Jan 2013 10:32am
It's sort of a big Job for someone that don't mess with cars. First thing is take roof lineing of.
Posted By: Thom74 Re: Window screen seal - 16th Jan 2013 10:34am
Cheers, i@ll get it checked at a garage then. Any recommendations for one?
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Window screen seal - 16th Jan 2013 10:35am
does sound like sunroof, can be an easy fix. could just be a blocked drain so you might get away with 'poking' it clear. other than that you're onto dropping the headlining if the drain is split or come adrift.
not a bad job but can take a while to get stuff out of the way for a two minute job.

would say get it sorted though as from what i remember the hcu etc is on the drivers side footwell so you don't want that getting wet.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Window screen seal - 16th Jan 2013 10:38am
Originally Posted by Thom74
Cheers, i@ll get it checked at a garage then. Any recommendations for one?

Pm this chap, he will help you out or pass you on to someone that can wink

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/sendprivate/User/722.html
Posted By: turnip Re: Window screen seal - 16th Jan 2013 10:42am
I had to sort this out for my peugeot, took all the roof lining out, resealed the sun roof and cleared the pipes, which sorted the issue, took a few hours though, and let the sealant set over night.
Posted By: Thom74 Re: Window screen seal - 16th Jan 2013 10:47am
http://youtu.be/T2--7HlcWLI

Just found this on youtube, got the tools so might try before anything else. Seems easy enough for me to give it a go.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Window screen seal - 16th Jan 2013 10:54am
Good luck bud hope you sort it wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral