Forums
Posted By: aaronazza Car insurance - 14th Jan 2013 8:17pm
Can any1 point me in the right direction regarding cheapest possible car insurance im only 23 so im expectin to be payin quite a bit anyway but my renewal is jus around the corner so im jus tryin to find best possible price, thanks for readin smile
Posted By: Salmon Re: Car insurance - 14th Jan 2013 8:23pm
Best plan is the comparison websites like Gocompare or Money supermarket etc but bear in mind that you don't get the full picture until you go into the actual insurer's website. At least doing it that way you only have to key your details into one or two sites.
Posted By: Mark Re: Car insurance - 14th Jan 2013 8:24pm
Its a old topic but still handy

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...nsurance_Online_Estimates.html#Post95504
Posted By: jemarc Re: Car insurance - 14th Jan 2013 9:36pm
try Tescos insurance or LV, pretty reasonable x
Posted By: turnip Re: Car insurance - 14th Jan 2013 9:59pm
If you can get someone to go on a policy with you try the multicar policy with admiral. By go on a policy with you you each still get your own policy and benefits. I got one with my bro. I'm 21 and it cost me £530
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Car insurance - 15th Jan 2013 9:38am
Originally Posted by jemarc
try Tescos insurance or LV, pretty reasonable x

But that isn't the case for everyone. That's the thing with insurance, its completely different for each person.

Tesco were £300 dearer than my current insurer for me.

The only good way to get a decent deal is to use a broker, get advice on what can be done to lower the insurance - for example don't assume a group 1 car is cheaper to insure.

Once you've got this information, visit the comparison sites, even ring and play them off against each other.
Posted By: carole696 Re: Car insurance - 15th Jan 2013 10:56am
we was with tesco last year and oaid 800 this year they wanted 3000 ???? we went with insure the box got it for 600 massive saving
Posted By: Mark Re: Car insurance - 15th Jan 2013 4:48pm
i done a quote for insure the box and it went threw the roof for my Dads quote. The message is insure a box is typically for the younger driver smile
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Car insurance - 15th Jan 2013 10:03pm
Originally Posted by Mark
i done a quote for insure the box and it went threw the roof for my Dads quote. The message is insure a box is typically for the younger driver smile

also have a max of 6000 or 8000 miles a year depending on which you choose

if you go over, the topup miles can be quite expensive
© Wirral-Wikiwirral