Forums
Hi. Ive got an 08 plate v50 2.0D that i bought afew months ago.it wheelspins too easily & i have to feather the accelerator whenever i pull off to prevent it doing so.i know volvos are usually an ald mans car thats not supposed to be driven above 2000rpm but i like to give my R Design abit of stick. The main issue i have with this is that the front suspension seems to bounce as the wheels spin/grip causing abit of a bang/judder.does anyone else with a v50 have the same problem, or know of it.I'd get left at the lights racing a scooter, its that bad!
fwd + lots of torque = wheelspin

would say to just have a look to see what the banging is, other than that it may well be a hand full to drive if you're heavy with the right foot.
I had this problem with my Volvo 850 T5 which eventually had 280 BHP. Even with the original 220 BHP, Volvo knew of the problem and supplied as an accessory a front suspension strut brace, which improved things greatly.
Of course in the OP's case, it may be that the front shock absorbers are weak or there may be a broken spring.
I had an Volvo s60 t5, I remember that it would wheelspin easily, but only if the DSTC was switched off, might be worth checking its engaged, I would also check that you haven't got a knackered spring or damper if its bouncing whilst spinning.

K
Cheers. its got a front strut brace so i guess the previous owner had the same problem.will have to get it checked.was hoping to get 12 months hassle free motoring when i bought this car. Now i think hassle free motoring is just a myth.hehe.thanks for the replys.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral