Forums
Posted By: pebbles16 Renault Megane electrical fault - 3rd Jan 2013 10:47pm
Car decided to cut out and not start again today. AA put it on diagnostic machine, but no fault showed up. Very strange. Car doesnt turn over. When you insert key card and press the start button, it does nothing. The message on the dash just states 'electrical fault'. Any ideas???
Posted By: Salmon Re: Renault Megane electrical fault - 3rd Jan 2013 11:09pm
Daft question but could it be the battery in the key card?
Posted By: pebbles16 Re: Renault Megane electrical fault - 3rd Jan 2013 11:16pm
Not really a daft question. The keycard works fine. It works the central locking and opens the boot. Also, the fan comes on even if though temperature gauge doesnt show it is over heating
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Renault Megane electrical fault - 3rd Jan 2013 11:18pm
does the central locking sound slow when it unlocks?

what happens when you put the card in/press start?
Posted By: pebbles16 Re: Renault Megane electrical fault - 3rd Jan 2013 11:23pm
The central locking works fine. When you insert keycard and press start, it makes no sound. But the STOP light comes on the dashboard
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Renault Megane electrical fault - 3rd Jan 2013 11:41pm
does it still ask you to insert the keycard?

sounds like possible immobiliser issue?
Posted By: pebbles16 Re: Renault Megane electrical fault - 4th Jan 2013 8:51am
It will be getting seen today at the garage. If the outlook is grim, then Autotrader will have a new customer!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Renault Megane electrical fault - 4th Jan 2013 8:57am
who you sending it to? can't fot the life of me remember what they are called but the place behind ian barclays are good with renaults.
Posted By: pebbles16 Re: Renault Megane electrical fault - 4th Jan 2013 9:19am
I have been using the same mechanic for a long time. He is in Birkenhead by the firestation. Very reliable and doesnt do stuff that doesnt need doing, unlike some garages!!!
Posted By: louise127 Re: Renault Megane electrical fault - 4th Jan 2013 3:10pm
That happened to my megane, I had it for 5 years and it turned out I needed another key card, got it from Liverpool, had to take log book and get another one coded to the car cost £130
Posted By: pebbles16 Re: Renault Megane electrical fault - 4th Jan 2013 3:39pm
The key was only replaced 9 months ago at a cost of £160.00. It has been to garage today, but nothing showed up on the diagnostic machine. It has been passed on an electrician now. Will see what happens next!
Posted By: louise127 Re: Renault Megane electrical fault - 4th Jan 2013 3:44pm
Hope you get it sorted
Posted By: pebbles16 Re: Renault Megane electrical fault - 7th Jan 2013 9:29pm
Car back from the garage. It turned out the fuse box has blown. Apparently it had previously been wired wrong. What ever will be next!!
Posted By: chriskay Re: Renault Megane electrical fault - 7th Jan 2013 9:41pm
Originally Posted by pebbles16
Car back from the garage. It turned out the fuse box has blown. Apparently it had previously been wired wrong. What ever will be next!!

A likely story. Garage f***ed it up.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral