Forums
Posted By: lawton help. new sub package - 28th Jan 2005 9:37pm
i bought a sub package off the internet last night so when it arrived this morning i thought i would have a go at puting it in my car. didnt think it would be to hard as i put a soundsystem in my mums car about 4 months ago. i hooked the amp up then hooked the 15 inch sub upto the amp and none of the lights are working on the amp, so the must be no power going to the amp but i cant see where iam goin wrong. help
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: help. new sub package - 28th Jan 2005 10:32pm
right m8 i reaken i no this problem......it happened 2 me all the problem was was that id connected the power lead 2 the wrong wire in the head unit!!!!my dad put me right and he connected the wire up 2 the 1 that sed control on the head unit i think!!!ull find it in the end not sure exactly wat it sed but u might no now wat i mean!!!! happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: help. new sub package - 28th Jan 2005 10:43pm
il bet ya bottom dollar it is the remote wire from the back of ur head unit to the amp, make sure its in the right connection at the back of ur head unit, u may need a connector block to fit it, or connect the remote wire to the power wire that goes to the back of ur head unit
Posted By: lawton Re: help. new sub package - 28th Jan 2005 10:51pm
i thought it could be the remote wire but not sure at the moment. right, i have got a adapter so that i can connect my cd player to the original vauxhall block(that black block thing that goes into the back of your cd player). on the adapter i cut the blue wire which is the remoter wire and then connected them back together with the remote wire from the amp going to the wire aswell. i take it that it must be the remote wire because thats the wire that turns your amp on right. if i disconect the live wire from the amp and mess around with it i can get it to spark so that must mean that the power form the battery is getting to the amp, right.
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: help. new sub package - 28th Jan 2005 11:10pm
Originally posted by aggy:
il bet ya bottom dollar it is the remote wire from the back of ur head unit to the amp, make sure its in the right connection at the back of ur head unit, u may need a connector block to fit it, or connect the remote wire to the power wire that goes to the back of ur head unit
thats the 1 i was trying 2 think of m8!!!!did u make the same mistake as me asggy!!!!ive got the same sub and amp as u i took ur advice and im impressed m8!!!! happy
Posted By: aceritz Re: help. new sub package - 29th Jan 2005 5:44pm
try your earth aswell
scratch the paint off from around your earthing point.
if you are stuck give us a bell and i will sort it out
Posted By: lawton Re: help. new sub package - 29th Jan 2005 5:49pm
ive just tried my earth and that seems alright cause its got a good contact with the some metal. the only thing i can think of is the output on my headunit if faulty cause my headunit is about 3-4 years old. i tried the amp on my mums car and the lights came on, on the amp and the lights on the amp dont cum on in my car
Posted By: lawton Re: help. new sub package - 29th Jan 2005 9:40pm
right, i have just fitted my mums cd player in my car and it all worked so off i poped to halfords to get myself a new cd player. got a jvc cd player that was on offer at £150. thought that was a good deal and when it went through it came up at £120 so the guy said to me not to say anything. lol. its all hooked up now and bloody hell its loud
© Wirral-Wikiwirral