Forums
Posted By: paul_ax help - 20th Feb 2005 6:01pm
how do u get the best sound out of three 12" subs but i have not got any 6 x 9 in yet
Posted By: scoop Re: help - 20th Feb 2005 6:22pm
depends what exactly u mean there dude? are u asking which way/place to mount them or which way to run them? amp wise?

Good way to mount them would be in a long box the width of the boot.Face two out and one inside out.Run them off 2 amps.Set both to low pass.Signals below 200-250Hz and up the boost til it sounds bassy but not too over the top.u still wanna hear ur midrange.Hope this helps m8
Posted By: Meesh Re: help - 20th Feb 2005 6:26pm
Ideally you wanna get a set of 6*9's

but till you get them maybe run 2 subs with just the bass and the other as a proper speaker, so you get both the mid range and the treble
Posted By: scoop Re: help - 20th Feb 2005 7:00pm
DO NOT use to sub to play music.It only plays bass. Making it move fast is asking for stouble. Subs are only deigned to move in nd out in a slow controlled manner.If u get them to play any midrange frequesncies then u r askin the cone to move thirty times faster than its designed to move.Just use the subs quietly as subs and try to get ur stock rear speakers to go loud so u can still hear them.Get uprated rear speakers asap.Meesh u a mad man
Posted By: paul_ax Re: help - 20th Feb 2005 7:04pm
k thanks for that i will do that and if u out and about in the rock one i will pick down
Posted By: Anonymous Re: help - 21st Feb 2005 3:28pm
if u aint got no 6X9s run ur amps that power your subs on High pass frequency instead of Low pass mate, that way you will get decent audio from them however ideally sum 6X9's and components would probably work a treat paul.
Posted By: aceritz Re: help - 21st Feb 2005 6:15pm
Originally posted by aggy:
if u aint got no 6X9s run ur amps that power your subs on High pass frequency instead of Low pass mate, that way you will get decent audio from them however ideally sum 6X9's and components would probably work a treat paul.
wow, hold on cowboy. wot you planning on doing playing high end hz through a speaker only designed to play really low hz, clever move aggy, i think not, THIS WILL SERIOUSLY SHORTEN THE LIFE OF THE SUBS.

subs are for bass only, nothing else
Posted By: Sanchez Re: help - 22nd Feb 2005 1:33am
listen to aceritz, he knows his stuff. but if you want my opinion, buy my 600 watt 4 channel amp off me and get yor self some nice 6 be 9s. happy days
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: help - 23rd Feb 2005 12:04am
dont put 6x9's in use some decent components man
Posted By: paul_ax Re: help - 23rd Feb 2005 12:11am
wot should i use then
Posted By: Sanchez Re: help - 23rd Feb 2005 2:23am
how much you got to spend
© Wirral-Wikiwirral