Forums
Posted By: Johnny Alan Punto Driver : Boot Build - 20th Mar 2005 8:50pm
Hey peep have just booked my car in on the 4th to get my install fibered and smoothed and sprayed at automotion its costin me £300. Before it goes in though am trying to get my subs so they sound okay just found out by sound waves that i needed a divider between the two sub as the air from one will interfere with the other causing it to distort this has helped but not loads i have yet to finish running silicone around the edges. But i dont thinkl this is going to solve the problem either it just distorts and doesnt sound bassy at all please give me any suggestions cheers
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 21st Mar 2005 11:50am
from the sound that were cumin out of em wen i was at urs id b shoutin

New subs!!
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 21st Mar 2005 8:06pm
john no i dont, whilest in work today i went a bit crazy with some silicone **** and its done the trick it aint distorting any more yipee. Nice one for ya amp john got it running me subs at the mo but am thinking of using it on my 6*9s and my infinity on my subs. If ya hear of any1 selling any top notch speakers let us know.
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 22nd Mar 2005 12:47am
its hard to get decent sound if you have not used the correct size boxes. that is why the sizes are stipulated, all these fancy installs u see are great lookers but the souns quality isnt, its a choice you have to make, either great looks or lose space and get the correct sound.

my boot is massive but it soon went tiny because i used the correct size boxes.

i hope this helps if you need me to find correct size boxes for you let me now
Posted By: aceritz Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 22nd Mar 2005 3:01am
you cant beat correct sized boxes, or as close as possible. and when they made up make sure they 100% air tight
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 22nd Mar 2005 5:58pm
like i say i think i am pretty close to the correct sizes cause there is no distortion and its quite bassy now just need to seal the back. the back is in place it just needs silicone around it am now looking at a 15" plasma widescreen for a house but to plug into an incerter in my car thank to a suggestion made by tony prob get this when i get my car back from the bodyshop, I will get some pics up when i do. Cheers for the advice guys
Posted By: tony_220 Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 22nd Mar 2005 6:36pm
maybe something like this???

17" LCD TV
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 23rd Mar 2005 8:40pm
the only problem with LCD screens are teh visibility, they are great to look at straight but the slightest angle then you start to get a wired picture.

try looking at Richer Sounds shops they have every type in and can give great advice, like they have done for me.

i am putting a 15" plasma screen in teh boot of mine which flips down when i open the boot but it isnt as easy to install as you think.

if you need any help mate give us a shout
Posted By: learner Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 30th Mar 2005 11:35am
its cuming on hun, proud of ya. smile

think by the end of april it sud be all done and look great, i cant wait babe xxxxx
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 30th Mar 2005 11:21pm
yeah coming on great rhys matey ! u will have to give me ur keys and remote at next event smile was well funny last time !
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 31st Mar 2005 7:02pm
cars going in in two days yippee
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 3rd Apr 2005 11:46am
my install has now gone to the body shop atlast hopefully getting it in a few weeks yippeee
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 3rd Apr 2005 10:58pm
Made up for you smile
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 4th Apr 2005 6:08pm
cheers evo cant be bothered waiting four weeks i wish they would hurry up
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 4th Apr 2005 9:53pm
raftl anyone would be the same. Looking forward to seeing and hearing it smile
Posted By: learner Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 4th Apr 2005 10:10pm
it was loud alreadly wasnt it, cant wait to hear it when its probably boxed in (wen am outside the car thro babe)

it sud look really smart, smile
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 9th Apr 2005 3:37pm
hey peeps just bought a ps2 for my install for £40 am going to remove all the casing and get it sprayed to match my install just my screen to come now
Posted By: saz2004 Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 28th Apr 2005 2:57pm
Originally posted by Nitro:
yeah coming on great rhys matey ! u will have to give me ur keys and remote at next event smile was well funny last time !
No, dont think rhys wil b givin u his keys and remote like last time!!

sounds sweet m8y, cant wait 2 c it all done and finished
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 2nd May 2005 3:34pm
cheers saz its been long time no see
Posted By: saz2004 Re: Punto Driver : Boot Build - 5th May 2005 2:21pm
its ok hun! i know i wil hopefully b at the nationals 2 catch up on all the latest mods of everyones cars!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral