Forums
Posted By: stubbzy sound proof - 25th Jul 2005 3:36pm
i need to sound proof my boot to reduce exhaust noise.
does anyone know whats worth getting?
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: sound proof - 25th Jul 2005 5:07pm
there is a place in liscard on seaview road, were i got mine from it isnt that expensive and did the job great.

its called CAR CONNECTIONS, and its oppposite the wallasey car center.

hope this helps
Posted By: aceritz Re: sound proof - 25th Jul 2005 6:50pm
the one jims got is a hollow fibre sound deadening, works exactly like the other stuff you can get, but its cheaper, think it cost jim about £15 for 1m x 1.2m but you might get more than that, or it might be slightly cheaper that that or dearer, i honestly cant remember,

dead easy to fit, just pull off the backing, and smooth down, be prepared to be covered in lots of fibres
Posted By: Scooby Re: sound proof - 25th Jul 2005 11:25pm
Hmmmm.....

I have 2 x 10" subs in stealth boxes in my boot, when i crank the sounds up the whole boot vibrates severly and sounds like a bin from the outside. This happens because the boot lid is very lightweight and the metal vibrates easily.

Would this stuff do mine also ??
Posted By: aceritz Re: sound proof - 25th Jul 2005 11:51pm
yeah it will reduce the amount of rattle, its not very pleasing to the eye tho, mind you neither is dynamat, that just looks a bit more tidy
Posted By: Scooby Re: sound proof - 26th Jul 2005 12:16am
Originally posted by aceritz:
dynamat
think
Posted By: aceritz Re: sound proof - 26th Jul 2005 1:01am
[Linked Image]

yes dynamat

needs to be heated ideally to stick well, but looks neater than the fibre stuff, but a hell of a lot more pricey too, especially for larger areas
Posted By: stubbzy Re: sound proof - 26th Jul 2005 8:15am
thanks guys smile
Posted By: AL Re: sound proof - 26th Jul 2005 6:14pm
You can buy similar stuff to the dynamat in B&Q half the price and alot more effective ill try and get teh name tonight cant remember but Sanchez used it in his civic and it worked great!
Posted By: Scooby Re: sound proof - 26th Jul 2005 7:24pm
Cheers Al.....
Posted By: aceritz Re: sound proof - 26th Jul 2005 7:33pm
its about £25 for nearly 3 meters, motorworld do smaller sized pieces for a fraction of the cost of dynamat, dynamat is a brand name and you will pay a fair bit for it
Posted By: Dazza Re: sound proof - 1st Aug 2005 12:13pm
Dynamat is basicly Bitcumin (What goes on your house roof) so am sure B&Q do sell it as a sheet. The stuff motorworld sell is only £3 and iv used it loads in the past
© Wirral-Wikiwirral