Forums
Posted By: Davey_Martin Happy days, new motor - 4th Nov 2012 12:13am
Picked my new car up mid week, (2010) astra, mint inside and out... just been replacing the headlight bulbs for, as close to, white bulbs as i can, going to pick up a parrot bluetooth kit tomorrow because it doesn't have the factory kit installed :-\

Polarg M13's on order from US - call me stupid lol
[Linked Image]

Osram Night Breaker Plus H7's
[Linked Image]

next mods to come (when i get some cash saved) DTUK PDI box and the PedalBox - £400 :-\ and maybe a better air filter... that's about it really

this is basically the same car, but it's not my one. will get some pics tomorrow.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: movingtables Re: Happy days, new motor - 4th Nov 2012 6:44pm
i dont understand. there are pictures of 3 different cars yet you
say its your new one.
so er, which is the new one?
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Happy days, new motor - 4th Nov 2012 6:56pm
the black astra, the other 2 pics are showing the diff types of bulbs ive ordered for the headlights to get rid of the horrible oldy looking yellowish lights.

can tell you never bothered reading what was in the post as it does say there haha!
Posted By: movingtables Re: Happy days, new motor - 4th Nov 2012 7:00pm
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin
the black astra, the other 2 pics are showing the diff types of bulbs ive ordered for the headlights to get rid of the horrible oldy looking yellowish lights.

can tell you never bothered reading what was in the post as it does say there haha!

very nice astra. hope it surves you well smile
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Happy days, new motor - 4th Nov 2012 10:32pm
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin

Movingtables asked which pic was your car. You state the Black one, yet in the original post you state the black one is not yours...... make your mind up.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Happy days, new motor - 4th Nov 2012 10:47pm
Congrats on new car, never a fan of Astra, corsa, or any ford. If I was spending about 10k on a car I would rather get an Audi or merc than a focus or similar. I don't get it!
Posted By: Morgan2012 Re: Happy days, new motor - 4th Nov 2012 11:22pm
Brill this is, am looking for a car at the moment, love this Astra,
And you cant beat the Corsa ither.

Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Happy days, new motor - 5th Nov 2012 6:40pm
Originally Posted by ASE71
Movingtables asked which pic was your car. You state the Black one, yet in the original post you state the black one is not yours...... make your mind up.

another one not bothering to actually read what i wrote, yes i wrote the black one isn't my actual car but said that was basically the same car. anyway, doesn't really matter, u know i'm right wink

Originally Posted by TheComputerLab
Congrats on new car, never a fan of Astra, corsa, or any ford. If I was spending about 10k on a car I would rather get an Audi or merc than a focus or similar. I don't get it!

to put it into context, we have a baby on the way, we had a mk4 3dr astra (petrol), it was costing about the same a month as this, it's £30 a year tax, better mpg and generally a much safer motor for a baby.

u're right, we could have shopped around and maybe found a merc or audi... but they would be older, higher mileage, more to insure and more to tax, not to mention more expensive to get repaired in the long run.

i know wot u're saying but for wot we want, this is perfect really.

cheers morgan, not sure if i sense some sarcasm in ur post there or not lol
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Happy days, new motor - 5th Nov 2012 9:02pm
I know what you mean mate, it's a double edged sword, I had a 5 year old vectra with 50k on the clock full service history, really nice car, went in for a service and found out it needed a new engine! Go German or jap, running costs are higher as are purchase costs but you never (Very rare) get mechanical failure.

Currently got a 7 year old Mazda 6, never missed a beat and paid just 2600 for it, yes it's not the cheapest on juice or tax, granted.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral