Forums
Posted By: scoop Garmin Streetpilot C310 help - 6th Jan 2006 10:20pm
Need ur help please guys. My dad got the afformentioned Sat nav deeley for christmas and were trying to upload the latest speed cameras for it.By the sounds of what ive downloaded (bunch of .CSV files)and other things it will now tell him he is near a speed camera,along with a little bitmap image of the camera,colour coded to the type,do these need installing seperate to the .CSV files,cos as far as i can tell,only the CSV files have been installed with the software that came with it.Anyone able to help.Love to test it on the road but there aint a speed camera round these parts for miles and miles and miles
Posted By: Mark Re: Garmin Streetpilot C310 help - 6th Jan 2006 10:30pm
Does it have a demo mode?

With TOM TOM you have a demo mode and if there are speed camera's on the route you plotted it
shows them up and the warnings etc....

CSV files,
There commer seperated data.
So they will store in sequence
Grid ref, speed, type of camera, etc...

With Tom Tom these CSV files are actualy POI - Points of Intrest.

I really dont know on the Street Pilot,
but there has to be some simularity's.

Try a google search for installing CSV files.

Let us know how you get on smile
Posted By: scoop Re: Garmin Streetpilot C310 help - 6th Jan 2006 10:35pm
just done an imaginary journey to the nearest speed camera,(which is actually only 3.3 miles away,ive never seen any tho)it got to it,said arrived at destination but didnt warn of a camera,they are all stored on the unit tho and it did say arrive at GATSO #1234 (example i forget the real number)
Posted By: Mark Re: Garmin Streetpilot C310 help - 6th Jan 2006 10:48pm
You may have to go past it at speed,
not 100mph.

But make the destination past the Gatso.

Also check the options in the Points of intrest if it workd off them,
as sometimes you have to actually tick them to activiate them.

Bare in mind ive never seen the Garmin Pilot.
Just working off when i used the POI on
the Ipaq and TOM TOM.

Hope that helps or gives you some idea's.
im havin trouble to m8 i got the garmin c3 4 xmas and all cameras just nt comin up even after havin 2 have poi loader cameras and school areas etc are there but i have 2 go into points of interest and drive 2 that camera virtually in demo mode it goes off imnmediately sayin danger e30 mph zone but settin it up 2 go on a journey they nt in???help please as im desparetate to lol
cheers
Posted By: scoop Re: Garmin Streetpilot C310 help - 7th Jan 2006 5:41pm
Were sorted,testd it out and it does work.Warns of jumplight cameras,gatsos,specs,truvelos,and mobile sites,and its very very up to date,accurate as of 29/12/05 with 8000 camera locations
© Wirral-Wikiwirral