Forums
Posted By: Robbieuk85 Fitting A Sub : Do i need an Amp ? - 30th Dec 2005 1:31pm
i know i probably sound stupid sayin this but i new to all this. do i need an amp if i am goin to install a sub?
Posted By: Scooby Re: Fitting A Sub : Do i need an Amp ? - 30th Dec 2005 2:15pm
Yes you do mate, what sub you got and maybe someone could advide you of what amp would be suitable ?

Its not a stupid question if you dont know about ICE mate, we all start somewhere.....
Posted By: Robbieuk85 Re: Fitting A Sub : Do i need an Amp ? - 31st Dec 2005 1:04am
its a splx 10 in 800w.do i need to pay alot for an amp?
Posted By: Robbieuk85 Re: Fitting A Sub : Do i need an Amp ? - 31st Dec 2005 1:10am
oh yeh i dont hav my music boomin like i ust want some decent bass so i wont need a powerful amp. at least i dont think i do
Posted By: Scooby Re: Fitting A Sub : Do i need an Amp ? - 31st Dec 2005 1:56am
Once i have decided what i am doing with the B*tch's ICE i will be selling some amps mate, Will let you know when i know whats what....
Posted By: Robbieuk85 Re: Fitting A Sub : Do i need an Amp ? - 31st Dec 2005 12:14pm
i i was lookin to buy on monthly or somethin becoz im not exactly rollin in the funds
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Fitting A Sub : Do i need an Amp ? - 31st Dec 2005 1:19pm
if i was u mate dnt wana piss on ya bonfire but ermm i do away with the splx mate they are w..k and cant handle a great deal. Go for a propper make and keep ya ass away from Motor world lol. Try ebay or a couple of companies out of the mags they normally do great prices on decent sub and amp packages. happy
Posted By: Paul R Re: Fitting A Sub : Do i need an Amp ? - 31st Dec 2005 6:54pm
av got a 12" splx in me boot now, (just waiting for me new ones)

And its kicking good bass. Av had splx before but they have never been this good. (FOR SPLX)
Posted By: scoop Re: Fitting A Sub : Do i need an Amp ? - 1st Jan 2006 5:59pm
SPLX are crap for quality sound,yeah it may shake the car but itll be distorted,bass should be clean and smooth,if ur only using it to put a bit of punch behind the music then the SPLX will be fine,may aswell get an SPLX amp to go with it,get the RMS rating of the amp to be similar to that of the sub,if teh sub is 400RMS then get a amp thats 400RMS tops,any more and u will blow the sub. If u want somethin decent tho do not touch SPLX,or PROPLUS,they are the epitamy of budget ICE
Posted By: Robbieuk85 Re: Fitting A Sub : Do i need an Amp ? - 2nd Jan 2006 12:14am
i got myself a fusion sub and amp package im gonna sell the splx on ebay hopefully get a bit more than i paid for it
Posted By: GazzA Re: Fitting A Sub : Do i need an Amp ? - 2nd Jan 2006 5:22pm
i've got a 800w 4ch splX amp for sale...
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Fitting A Sub : Do i need an Amp ? - 2nd Jan 2006 5:58pm
gazza splx r w..k he aint going to buy it lol (hence why ur selling it he he he. Think u made the right decision matey if it is one of them packages from halford then they are quality and i think aggy can vouch for this. happy
Posted By: GazzA Re: Fitting A Sub : Do i need an Amp ? - 3rd Jan 2006 5:41pm
if you want a good idea, scrap splX and go with something cheap and a good background...

Toxic smile

2x Toxic TSW100
Toxic 12" 1200 watt subwoofer
£88.91
-----------------------------------
1x Toxic TX-1500N (to power both subs)
2 Channel Amps
1500 Watt 2 Channel Amplifier
£87.45
1x Toxic TX-800N (power compontents & 6x9)
4 Channel Amps
800 watt 4 channel amplifier
£99
and for your speakers, with the amp listed above you would need a set of door speakers and 6x9's with a greater peak power of 200w

Sorted smile
Posted By: xcorix Re: Fitting A Sub : Do i need an Amp ? - 5th Jan 2006 11:19pm
i got mine off ebay and it dnt work so warning for ya
© Wirral-Wikiwirral