Forums
Posted By: aceritz DJ renegades boot install - 22nd May 2005 5:24pm
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: aceritz Re: DJ renegades boot install - 22nd May 2005 5:25pm
i know that you have raised the false floor by 4 inches, but have you taken into account the heat conductivity of the amps under the false floor, because if you havent especially on cheaper quality amps this could seriously reduce the life and performance of the amps.

wot sort of amps are you using?
wot power supply are you using?
how many amps you using?
wot fuses?
how many remote wires you using?
wot are the neons connected to?
you know that you can get the neons to come on with the amp and when the boot i open, this way it saves the battery
Posted By: djrenegade Re: DJ renegades boot install - 22nd May 2005 6:11pm
right, I have got a 350w SPLX amp for my pair of 6x9's, and I have got a 800w pro plus amp for my 12" sub, the powercap is connected to the pro plus amp, and them 2 amps are hidden under the flooring.

To be honest I didnt consider the heat under there so I will have a good think bout that.

Not too sure what the fuses are, they are just the ones that came in the wiring kits I got for the amps.

I have got one remote wire from the head unit to the pro plus amp, and then a second remote wire from amp1 to amp2 which I heard was safe to do.

The neons are connected direct to the battery, and I have put a kill switch in the middle of the wire which is situated on the dash so I can just turn them on and off. I did think about having them to come on with the amp but I wouldnt want them on all the time (when driving) so I just did it that way.
Posted By: aceritz Re: DJ renegades boot install - 22nd May 2005 6:19pm
well ideally, the remote wire should only really power one amp, in an ideal world it should have a switching relay bulit on to it and then it would be able to feed more amps, cos the remote wire is only supposed to carry a low load

is the feed from the battery for the neons fused, or is a straight live feed

are the fuses normal blade fuses or are they tubular shaped, you got 2 live feeds for the amps or just the one from the battery??
Posted By: Scooby Re: DJ renegades boot install - 22nd May 2005 6:21pm
why not put the earth wire for the neons to your boot switch and then when your live wire switch is on for the neons they automatically come on when you open the boot and automatically go off when you close the boot. Saves you driving with them on all of the time smack
Posted By: djrenegade Re: DJ renegades boot install - 22nd May 2005 6:25pm
i havent got a boot switch scoob frown Just the manual lock and key

Right, neons is one big long straight live feed to the battery via this switch.

The fuses for the amps are the normal blade fuses. And I have got 2 live feeds for the amps, one each, the live feed for the bigger amp goes via the power cap and the other live feed direct to the 350w SPLX amp.
Posted By: aceritz Re: DJ renegades boot install - 22nd May 2005 6:30pm
you can get push switches from any decent motorfactors, even try the sponsors page, looks a lot more professional
Posted By: djrenegade Re: DJ renegades boot install - 22nd May 2005 6:33pm
and are they just electrical switched to open your boot from the inside eg. button mounted on dash?

I would need to get one of them eventually anyway for when I get the boot smoothed over
Posted By: aceritz Re: DJ renegades boot install - 22nd May 2005 6:36pm
no, think you have got the wrong idea mate, the switch will turn the boot light on inside the car, if you find this switch and then you can wire your neon up to it and there you have it a functioning neon light only when the boot is open
Posted By: djrenegade Re: DJ renegades boot install - 22nd May 2005 6:41pm
oh i see what you mean now, ill look in to that, thanks for the ideas
Posted By: Scooby Re: DJ renegades boot install - 22nd May 2005 8:26pm
smack
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: DJ renegades boot install - 23rd May 2005 1:55am
your install looks well matey keep it up
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: DJ renegades boot install - 23rd May 2005 8:49am
loving the install looks great for tiny boot. seen it in the flesh just after it was finished.

dj your a gudun
Posted By: sted Re: DJ renegades boot install - 24th May 2005 12:50am
looks smart that top job
© Wirral-Wikiwirral