Forums
Posted By: spinking What do i need. - 23rd Feb 2005 3:28pm
I HAVE

1 Jenson amp 250 watt rms.
1 xplod 300 watt amp
1 xplod 900 what 12" sub
2 alpine type r subs (dont know the watts).
Alpine tda-7588rb 60watts x4 headunit
magnet 6x9 (not sure what watts)
xplod 6x9 220watts.

I would like to run three 12" subs one 10" sub an 8" sub
2pair of 13cm speakers up front (one in footwells and one in front doors)
what amps would i use should i get rid of the ones i have (the jenson one is c*#p)
Also would i need a power cap (and what do they do)
I have a good idea of what the install should look like and were i want the subs but i dont know what i will need to run it all. I am working on a budget so wont be getting the best of everything. Also which company is best to use and should i stay with one make eg sony/alpine.
Anyhelp would be great. thumbsup
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: What do i need. - 23rd Feb 2005 3:44pm
I think power caps help stop the subs beating out of sync, it can happen with more powerful installs. Methinks your gonna need a bit more power to run that kit mate, I'll leave it to Aceritz or Sanchez or someone else more knowledgable than me to tell you what.
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: What do i need. - 23rd Feb 2005 5:00pm
Your probs gonna need at least 2 1000w 4 channel amps.
Posted By: aceritz Re: What do i need. - 26th Feb 2005 1:53pm
for the 12 inch subs you could use a mono block amp to power them, similar to go go gadgets, if you mix and match your subs with different sizes they might interfer with the sound quality of each other.

but a highish wattage 2 channel amp could power your 10 and 8 or even a 4 channel,

will you still be running the 6x9's if not you could get away with running the 13's off the head unit.

power cap - just check this link

i personally think you should get and use a power cap.

as for wot to use, it completely depends on wot budget you have, just buy the best you can afford
© Wirral-Wikiwirral