Forums
Posted By: Waddi floating sub - 11th Feb 2005 5:56am
I dont know much about subs but I have heard about something called free air, does this mean I could mount a sub in my parcel shelf.

Only lookin at a 10" or maybe 2 8"'s "floating in an mdf parcel shelf aswell as 6x9s, just dont want to sacrifice my small boot for bass.

was thinkin sub in the middle of the shelf and the 6x9s either side, and an amp mounted on the rear of the seat or wont this work.

HELP!
Posted By: aceritz Re: floating sub - 11th Feb 2005 2:21pm
free air subs are expensive, why not look on ebay for stealth boxes for your car, they are the correct size and the match the contours of youe boot, and also save alot of space
Posted By: Waddi Re: floating sub - 12th Feb 2005 2:07am
OK Thanks mate, Thought you could just free air normal subs.

Can you tell me what this setup is, Sorry I know you cant really see much in the picture.
[Linked Image]

This is the same model corsa as mine, are they subs or just normal speakers, sorry to be a pain

thanx
Posted By: aceritz Re: floating sub - 12th Feb 2005 2:19am
you can use normal free air subs mate, was just saying that they tend to be expensive. It might be better for you to get stealth boxes, then you can buy better quality subs (normal ones that go in a box)

the look like mid range components, tbh, dont know where the tweeters are, but if they are subwoofers they are only tiny
© Wirral-Wikiwirral