Forums
Posted By: Anonymous sub an amp - 13th Oct 2004 3:01am
hello people i just thought i would post a message to see what would be the best Sub to connect to a Shark V14 1200watt Amp.

thanks for your time
see ye all soon
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: sub an amp - 13th Oct 2004 11:08am
don't think thee's gonna be a best sub for a certain amp. I would start to say top of the range stuff but your bound too have a budget.

How much you willing too spend? you just want 1? any size?
Posted By: aceritz Re: sub an amp - 13th Oct 2004 3:30pm
how many channels does the sub have, if its a four channel one mabe look into running yourt 6x9's off it,

as for subs you would be best going for 12" subs, all i can say is buy the best you can afford
Posted By: Anonymous Re: sub an amp - 13th Oct 2004 10:34pm
its a 2/3/4 channel amp. i want a big sub and run some 6x9's off the amp.
Posted By: tonikeys Re: sub an amp - 4th Nov 2004 8:13pm
You say you want a big sub, but what kind of bass do you want? Low and boomy (bigger subs i.e. 15") or sharp and punchy (smaller subs i.e.10")

Word of advice though....don't buy really cheap subs for like £30, even if they are rated at 10,000,000 watts, they'll sound poo.

Like Aceritz said, get the best you can afford (but not Sony) no laugh
Posted By: scoop Re: sub an amp - 24th Nov 2004 12:12am
Get an alpine type X 15
Competition sub from one of the best mid market audio brands, or go for a focal sub which can cost u like 300quid. my mate had one and OMG. at mid volume i feared my glasses were gonna explode and fill my eyes with smashed glass
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: sub an amp - 24th Nov 2004 12:39am
i would only get 12" subs now i have had al sizes and 12" are the best you get an all round good range.

the JBL subs are on offere at the mo in some shops they aint a bad sub for the money, they also hve matching 6x9's in the same offer.

im sure if you need any help in teh fitting somebody will be able to help espially some one from FRONZEN AUDIO as they are currently helping me with my install
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: sub an amp - 26th Nov 2004 4:30am
Originally posted by tonikeys:

Like Aceritz said, get the best you can afford (but not Sony) no laugh
Oi whats that ment to mean i have sony, so what you sayin then? think
© Wirral-Wikiwirral