Forums
Posted By: Meesh ICE help for a mate - 4th Feb 2005 7:22pm
a lad on cruisewestcumbria is having problems, can someone help out?

Jay - "Got a fairly wierd problem with me sub....Volume goes up to 60 on me HU....and when i have it at less than 21 its fine...but anything about 20ish after a few seconds or so the sub cuts out....If I then turn the HU off and on with it still at volume 30 or whatever, it comes back on for a few seconds and then goes off again .....so then if i turn it down to 20 again and turn it off and on it'l stay on.

Why is it knocking itself off when trhe volumes over 20??"

Me - "Me mate who has the Fusion install from Halfords is also having problems when he turns his up too high, to resolve the problem he turns the volume down, turns his HU off, then on again & its fine

Sounds to me like your sub is taking more power than you amp can handle"

Jay - "yeah its the same.....thing is though ive had the sub for months and its been running fine, on top volume for ages no problem and when ive put in my new head unit, and only the headunit and no changes to any of the sub wiring that its cutting out."

Its the same model headunit, just a replacement as the old one got nicked
Posted By: aceritz Re: ICE help for a mate - 5th Feb 2005 6:14pm
is there a power cap in the set up, this will prob sort it out,
too much draw on the battery, and the voltage drops too low and the hu cuts out
Posted By: scoop Re: ICE help for a mate - 5th Feb 2005 6:20pm
I think it could be the head units pre out voltage, The amp could be too weak to accept the voltage when turned up. Mines like that. I have 4 volt pre out and the amp cuts out cos the signal is way too high for what the amp can handle. The amp is dead old and probably only thinks a 1v pre out exists, Turn the boost on the amp down to compensate
Posted By: learner Re: ICE help for a mate - 6th Feb 2005 5:30pm
if you are running a really powerfull speaker of you speaker cable then the drain will be to much through you head unit so it will switch of try unpluging them 6*9"s and try it then if it doesnt work then i cant help soz. I am only suggesting this cause i once tryed a sub straight from my head unit and it kept going of.
Posted By: learner Re: ICE help for a mate - 6th Feb 2005 5:31pm
this is rhys not learner
Posted By: scoop Re: ICE help for a mate - 6th Feb 2005 5:40pm
Who would run a sub from the HU??????
smack
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: ICE help for a mate - 7th Feb 2005 8:29pm
me when i couldnt afford an amp for a while once i got the sub ( stop taking the **** u lol)
Posted By: Meesh Re: ICE help for a mate - 7th Feb 2005 9:14pm
Cheers guys! The lad has gone with the power cap idea. He's gonna be getting one sometime soon

if theres still a problem I'll be back to pick some more brains
© Wirral-Wikiwirral