Forums
Posted By: kamikazi Custom exhaust? - 15th Oct 2012 3:20pm
Hi, noticed a bit of a blow on my cars exhaust, nipped into KwikFit was quoted £826! Its a Toyota landcruiser Colorado, with the 3.4 motor, not a common vehicle so I am left with either getting spanked for an original Toyota or saving with a Custom made job

Does anyone know of a good custom exhaust builder locally?

Ta K
Posted By: golfvr Re: Custom exhaust? - 15th Oct 2012 3:45pm
£300 ish would get you a custom stainless jobbie
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Custom exhaust? - 15th Oct 2012 3:48pm
Originally Posted by golfvr
£300 ish would get you a custom stainless jobbie

Great, thats £526 I didnt have already saved!

A friend recommended Powerflow who franchise nationally, just wondered if anyone has used someone locally?

K
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Custom exhaust? - 15th Oct 2012 5:59pm
Try Euro Parts There Cheap and can delivery to you with in 24hrs.We got one here in warrington grin
Posted By: sean Re: Custom exhaust? - 15th Oct 2012 6:15pm
I used powerflow when I had my celica. Can't remember the price but it was quite a bit less than other aftermarket ones
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Custom exhaust? - 15th Oct 2012 6:24pm
go into peco (cybox?) speak to paul and tell him carl sent you.
Posted By: sam15 Re: Custom exhaust? - 15th Oct 2012 6:30pm
How bad is the blow. Can't you just weld it.
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Custom exhaust? - 15th Oct 2012 9:50pm
Might sound strange but have you actually even tried Johnson's Toyota? I can't see them charging you 800 quid just for an exhaust. They are not always more expensive
Posted By: golfvr Re: Custom exhaust? - 16th Oct 2012 9:58am
ive been on the phone too cybox/peco this morning, they used my van to make a pattern/jig up and have looked after me ever since
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Custom exhaust? - 16th Oct 2012 7:49pm
Thanks for all your advice, was pointed to Cybox today and will be giving them a call, the reason its so expensive is because its an original Toyota part, not a pattern.

Found a pattern one on both Milners and Roughtrax websites, but apparently they arent great quality.

Might just get a straight through with stack pipes and raincaps! ha

Ta K
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Custom exhaust? - 16th Oct 2012 7:57pm
Peco are building my cars system for £280, they done my Astra gsi for £180, amazing build quality and will never fail you smile
Posted By: rockster Re: Custom exhaust? - 16th Oct 2012 8:52pm
As mentioned above,how bad is the blow.

My toyota is an import and was blowing around the downpipe flange.Cheapest price for a new downpipe(no cat/no silencer,just a 2 foot length of curvy pipe)was 169 quid!!!

If it had been a uk registered car (different exhaust system) it would have cost about £30

My solution was to drop the offending pipe and weld it up.

The point is an exhaust can be repaired.

Cheers rockster
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Custom exhaust? - 19th Oct 2012 3:58pm
Thanks rockster, Mine is shot and has been repaired previously. ... Had a chat with CyBrand, they quoted me £300! So will be going with them. They are moving in the next few weeks so will get mine booked in once the dust has settled.

Thanks as always, for everyones advice.

K
© Wirral-Wikiwirral