Forums
hi ok got new head unit and i didnt install the last one so i am new to this and i am stuck as 2 things i have a problem with.

1st is i cant get power to the amp as i have a few blue wires and dont know which geos were

2nd is the head unit its self i cant get to fit nice in the console

anyone help me out doing my head in thanks for your time
Its not hard if you know what wires to look for.

The blue wire from the headunit should go to the remote deed to the amp, as far as the fitting goes try tucking all the wires away neatly and then see how it fits.

I would need to see it to help further.
hi pal i am sure its only a small job if you know what your doing as from the amp there is the 2 main thick wires and then must be the power control blue one, but from my new head unit there is 2 blue wires one has 2 conectors and other had one
get a electrical tester and conect one end of the tester to the cable conector out of the radio and the other to the chassis. Turn the radio on and if you get a current then thats the one for the ariel, if you go on to ur cd player and radio and get a current then that the one for ur amp. p.s i have a feeling that the one with two wires coming from it is the one for your amp.
anyone around tonight in wallasey to help me
make sure youve got a good earth otherwise nothin works, i had same problem in my old civic puttin headunit in there,s not enuf room at the back in the dash, as sccoby said jus tuk the wires in, wen youve dun it once you wil b able 2 do it next time wid your eyes shut,ps make sure fuse on power lead havent gone
instruction manual with show which blue wire is remote amp on.to get it into the dash make sure all wires go into some free space and the cage is the one that came with ur new unit,do not use the old cage,as cages are often built for the H/U not universal
what car have you got?
all sorted thanks guys
© Wirral-Wikiwirral