Forums
Posted By: Chorizo flooding - 25th Sep 2012 10:41pm
Just a heads up to take extra care driving over the big puddles in the roads. My car has now see the end of its life due to water getting into the engine driving over a few of these over the last few days.
Posted By: Robert86 Re: flooding - 26th Sep 2012 9:24am
Was it an electrical issue or had it hydrolocked? It would have had to have been a monster of a puddle to be the latter, unless you had a bad boy air intake in the front bumper laugh
Posted By: Chorizo Re: flooding - 26th Sep 2012 10:34pm
It's just completely packed in won't even turn over. There were a few huge puddles pretty much the whole lane wide and around 4 inches deep
Posted By: turnip Re: flooding - 27th Sep 2012 6:40am
Petrol or diesel? Could be the fuel cut off/glow plug relay
Posted By: insanekitty Re: flooding - 27th Sep 2012 1:05pm
I am very wary of even shallow puddles as the shannon tube for my air intake has disintegrated (common problems on rover 75's) so the air intake is very low down.
Any water sucked into your engine will not compress so it will basically bugger your engine!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: flooding - 27th Sep 2012 3:33pm
Let the car dry out and try it again before writing it off.

Hydrolocking generally either bends a con rod, or bends a con rod to the point of snapping and punching it out of the side of the engine block - were there any nasty noises when it died?

If not, theres a good chance it an electrical issue, and just needs to be dried out smile
Posted By: woodsy Re: flooding - 29th Sep 2012 10:13am
The best bet if its petrol is to take pspark plugs out and see if the engine will turn over then. If its diesel remove the heater plugs and try it.

If it had hydrolocked the water will shoot out, unless the damage has been done.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral