Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Are these seats worth saving? - 17th Sep 2005 7:46pm
Alright lads (and ladettes)

I got these seats for free today, they're cobra clubmans, and as you can see they aint in the best condition really, lots of hot rock holes, one is faded badly etc. Im wondering if its worth getting them re-trimmed and how much it'll cost. They've got universal subframes and i've tried bad a look at them and i'll need some 90 degree angles welded on i think to make them fit. Im thinking re-do the black in plain black cloth and rather than doing the red bit the same colour maybe change it to white cloth? Do you think its do-able or would it be cheaper to buy new oneS?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Opinions please!
Posted By: Dazza Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 17th Sep 2005 8:32pm
Yes you fool, dont you dare look a gift horse in the mouth!
Stop moaning and get some quotes, subframes can be tailored (I know POR fabrication do them) and get them re-trimmed

We've already talked of getting them re-trimmed Black + White, there light and sexy

BRRRRR!
Posted By: GazzA Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 17th Sep 2005 8:51pm
they look pink !!! good for pullin the ladies ! tease
Posted By: lawton Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 17th Sep 2005 10:28pm
yep, black and white, and get POR to do you some 90 angle things
Posted By: scoop Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 17th Sep 2005 10:48pm
How much would the re-trim cost.

Those seats cost 95 pound each from a website which i forget.100 pound everywhere else.And you could get em in black and grey,or pay a little more and get recliners.The re-trim will prolly cost more than 100 per seat,but u'll get white.You cant buy them white
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 18th Sep 2005 1:03am
The comfiest cheap bucket you'll find! Honestly, I've sat in loadsa different kinds of seats and even though these are the cheapest they also hold you really well and they're sooooooo comfy. Imo they're the best non-recliner you can get.

If you get in touch with cobra directly they'll tailor make any of their seats to your requirements (at extra cost of course), they'll give you a choice of material, i think cloth, vinyl, alacantara and leather, and you can have pretty much any colour you want!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 18th Sep 2005 10:31am
don t bother, chuck them in the bin, there shit, your standard seats are far nicer, those ones are crap, give them to aggy or some thing
Posted By: Daz VTS Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 18th Sep 2005 11:24am
Adam, if u want white and black seats, i think u shud re-trim ur ones, i recon they r better, u dont ahave to mess about with sub frames, they recline, and they are comfy, if they were done white and black, they would look much better than the cobras in white and black, thats my opinion mate.
Posted By: lawton Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 18th Sep 2005 12:27pm
Originally posted by Daz 200:
Adam, if u want white and black seats, i think u shud re-trim ur ones, i recon they r better, u dont ahave to mess about with sub frames, they recline, and they are comfy, if they were done white and black, they would look much better than the cobras in white and black, thats my opinion mate.
yeap, i agree with darren there, it would look so uch nicer if you got your standerd seats retrimmed
Posted By: bex Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 19th Sep 2005 8:03am
black and white leather... mmm
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 20th Sep 2005 12:34pm
Originally posted by sanchez:
don t bother, chuck them in the bin, there shit, your standard seats are far nicer, those ones are crap, give them to aggy or some thing
cheeky bugger..i got leather recaros!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 20th Sep 2005 1:35pm
Buckets hold you in your seat better than my standard recliners though, and i dont fancy getting harnesses again anytime soon because they were a bit inpractical frown

No leather! to sweaty lol Just fancy some basic black and white cloth. I've had leather before and it wasn't nice on hot days, i've had alcantra an that didnt like it when you wear jeans, it wears a bit to fast frown
Posted By: Paul R Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 20th Sep 2005 1:56pm
Get the white & black cloth, it will look sweet. And wont costed that much.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 20th Sep 2005 4:53pm
Had a quote of 250 quid for the pair (thats without the guy looking at them) thats in basic cloth. Think i'll give it a miss, got to much other stuff i need! frown
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 20th Sep 2005 6:29pm
adam they are so s...t why did you even bother un bolting them out of the car lol. Retriming will cost more than £80 which is what you can buy them for new. THROW THEM AWAY
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 20th Sep 2005 6:35pm
I agree with Rhys, sell them to a nova owner!! Im sure they will think hot rock interior is the new thing raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 20th Sep 2005 6:45pm
Originally posted by MisterAdam:
Think i'll give it a miss, got to much other stuff i need!
Think you two need to read the post a bit better, i've already made my mind up, come on wake up will you's :rolleyes: raftl
Posted By: Dazza Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 20th Sep 2005 6:48pm
In that case can I have them back mate? Dont worry its not to sell them on
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 21st Sep 2005 12:01am
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Evo 7 Babe:
<strong> I agree with Rhys, sell them to a nova owner!! Im sure they will think hot rock interior is the new thing hi
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 21st Sep 2005 10:56am
just give them aaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggyyyyyyyyyy
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 21st Sep 2005 11:14am
As Andy said, if ya dont want them give them away to someone else who may benift from them - ok they aint ideal for a road car due to the condition, but maybe someone like Tupac would appreciate them for his track XR4i where purpose is more important than appearance smile

Failing that, you could always get some plain black material, and use a staple gun to roughly recover them yourself?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 21st Sep 2005 11:21am
Originally posted by StuyMac:
Failing that, you could always get some plain black material, and use a staple gun to roughly recover them yourself?
Wonder how easy/hard that'd be? think
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 21st Sep 2005 1:10pm
they aint worth anything, give it a go adam
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 21st Sep 2005 1:11pm
I've only ever trimmed installs and door cards so my knowledge on it is limited, but i s'pose theres no harm in trying? I'll never learn if i dont give it a go myself!
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 21st Sep 2005 1:18pm
thats the spirt.

LOL your sig says "your mum is mine".
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Are these seats worth saving? - 21st Sep 2005 1:29pm
lol!! laugh

Im gonna look on the net to see if theres any guides or tutorials on re-trimming seats smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral