Forums
Posted By: lawton building a boot install - 5th Feb 2005 9:22pm
hi, ive just bought two 10 inch jbl off dikky and ive already got a 15 inch sub in my boot so theres not enough room to put two 10 inch sub boxs in the boot so iam going to have to make mine own sub boxs. whats the best material to build it out of e.g. plywood or M.D.F.
Posted By: lawton Re: building a boot install - 5th Feb 2005 9:33pm
also any tips or advise would be helpful. cheers
Posted By: Scooby Re: building a boot install - 6th Feb 2005 1:59am
MDF Mate, I am no expert but i know this is the stuff you use.
Posted By: AL Re: building a boot install - 6th Feb 2005 11:56am
Definetly use MDF cheap and easy to work with, the best density to work with is 18mm hope this helps happy
Posted By: aceritz Re: building a boot install - 6th Feb 2005 1:18pm
mdf is the one that everyone uses, if you can and you can afford it go for 3/4" expensive plywood, the accoustic properties of this stuff is great,
to be perfectly honest you prob wont notice the difference, so go for mdf
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: building a boot install - 6th Feb 2005 2:37pm
gogogadget is the best one to speak to mate he just done his install and it sound and looks the buisness its dead important to get the right size volume boxes for the speakers if you dont like i did then when you turn ya sound more than half way up it starts to sounds c..p and distorts, I think if ya speak nice enough he might tell you the sizes you need as i think he has a book on boot builds. If ya planning on covering it in fabric go to abacan fabrics tramere they have a leather look material which is dead cheep and they have it in all sort of colours and it looks sweet it a change from the usual black fabric ya see.
Posted By: lawton Re: building a boot install - 6th Feb 2005 4:25pm
cheers for the advice guys. just bought some M.D.F so will get to work on it in the next couple of days. i just dont no how big to make the boxs as ive never has 10 inch subs before
Posted By: learner Re: building a boot install - 6th Feb 2005 5:26pm
as i said speak to go go he has a book with all the dimension and he will be able to give you more advice than i can.
Posted By: aceritz Re: building a boot install - 6th Feb 2005 6:58pm
the subs should come with recommended box sizes keep to them and you cant go wrong
Posted By: lawton Re: building a boot install - 7th Feb 2005 9:52pm
started to build the boxs yesterday and carried on working on them today. spent about 9 hours on them in total so far. i am very pleased of what i have done so far. will get some pictures up tomorrow if you guys want
Posted By: lawton Re: building a boot install - 12th Feb 2005 5:01pm
allmost finished my install
heres some pics

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lawton Re: building a boot install - 12th Feb 2005 5:47pm
thnaks for the pics evo 7 babe. wasnt quite sure of how to put the pics up
Posted By: Anonymous Re: building a boot install - 12th Feb 2005 5:49pm
Put [img] At the begonning of the link and [/img] at the end hun smile

Looking good by the way yes
Posted By: lawton Re: building a boot install - 12th Feb 2005 5:57pm
thanks. its prob taken me about 20 hrs in total so far. the only thing ive got to do now is carpet it
Posted By: aceritz Re: building a boot install - 12th Feb 2005 9:31pm
looking sweet mate, cant wait to hear it
Posted By: lawton Re: building a boot install - 12th Feb 2005 9:45pm
ive applied to come to the meets so i will show it off if iam accepted. thanks for the advice that you gave to me aceritz
Posted By: aceritz Re: building a boot install - 12th Feb 2005 9:50pm
no probs mate, anytime
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: building a boot install - 13th Feb 2005 3:35pm
Looking good fella.
Posted By: lawton Re: building a boot install - 26th Feb 2005 11:58pm
my carpet came today. ebay bargain at £7.50 including p+p. looks like i might be able to cover the parcel shelf with it aswell cause theres quite abit. might do it tomorrow but iam working so will prob do it in about a week or so cause i dont want to rush it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral