Forums
Posted By: wilks locking nut, help needed. - 1st Aug 2012 10:39am
Hi,

I've gone and snapped my locking nut key, in the locking nut on the wheel of my car.
Does anyone know where I can get them removed properly and cheap. I've been to one tyre garage, and he was will to have a go at drilling them out. eek
They are ford locking nuts with outer edge that spins.
Thanks.
Posted By: reddragon Re: locking nut, help needed. - 1st Aug 2012 12:44pm
the easiest way is to get the someone to weld a normal wheel nut onto the locking nut/s and remove that way and get another set of wheel nuts
Posted By: brianc2 Re: locking nut, help needed. - 1st Aug 2012 1:43pm
get a chisel and hit the spinning ring hard, it should snap off, then hammer a smaller socket onto whats left and it will come out
Posted By: mrhanky Re: locking nut, help needed. - 1st Aug 2012 2:22pm
do you mean it's one of the old style with a 'normal' key?
Posted By: wilks Re: locking nut, help needed. - 1st Aug 2012 6:02pm
I don't think it one of the old style ones. Thanks reddragon for the tip, but don't know anyone who can wield. Might give your idea a go brianc2 if no one else can help.
Posted By: Dilly Re: locking nut, help needed. - 1st Aug 2012 6:26pm
sent you a pm.
Posted By: bigtalk2011 Re: locking nut, help needed. - 1st Aug 2012 7:01pm
what model car is it mate my lockinnut has the pins on the outside not sure if they would be the same but worth a try
Posted By: Dilly Re: locking nut, help needed. - 1st Aug 2012 7:06pm
there are hundreds of variations.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: locking nut, help needed. - 1st Aug 2012 8:02pm
i've got a proper tool, not one of the stupid sockets, for getting them off if you're stuck.
Posted By: bigtalk2011 Re: locking nut, help needed. - 2nd Aug 2012 7:53am
my car is a ford sounds like the same key
Posted By: wilks Re: locking nut, help needed. - 4th Aug 2012 10:27pm
Hi,

I would just like to thank the people who have offered advice and the use of there tools. The locking nuts are now off and replaced with new (non spinning) nuts with the help of dilly, cheers mate for helping out.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral