Forums
Posted By: yewgarth Mad parking - 23rd Jul 2012 6:46pm
While i've been on my jaunts i came across these mad parkers, one of em's even a driving instructor. Can anyone beat these?

Attached picture IMG_0884.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0924.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1103.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1153.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1104.JPG
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Mad parking - 23rd Jul 2012 6:53pm
That last one is very bad, probably get points for that.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Mad parking - 23rd Jul 2012 7:00pm
proper bad parking that!

but just head to your local supermarket at about 7pm on a saturday to witness some truly horrific parking!
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Mad parking - 23rd Jul 2012 7:07pm
Do you want a job as a traffic warden Yewgarth?!
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Mad parking - 23rd Jul 2012 8:10pm
I think the top and second to bottom takes some beating!
Posted By: davew3 Re: Mad parking - 23rd Jul 2012 8:14pm
Does this count?

Description: mine's the gray one
Attached picture PC150003a.JPG
Posted By: Zubee Re: Mad parking - 23rd Jul 2012 10:31pm
Originally Posted by TheComputerLab

Yes but the black car on the left mightn't have been there when the silver one parked, another car might have been parked halof over the silver ones space?
Posted By: sam_w Re: Mad parking - 23rd Jul 2012 10:35pm
Originally Posted by Zubee

Yes but the black car on the left mightn't have been there when the silver one parked, another car might have been parked halof over the silver ones space?

I think hes refering the the car parked on the hatching at the boat museum :s

Some poeples parking is aweful!
Posted By: Zubee Re: Mad parking - 23rd Jul 2012 10:43pm
Originally Posted by sam_w

I think hes refering the the car parked on the hatching at the boat museum :s

Some poeples parking is aweful!

That's very true.

I had some guy say 'well done' to me (and he actually clapped) last week because I reversed parked into a space in Asda car park Wallasey! Just because I'm a woman. I didn't know whether to be outraged or laugh. I opted for laughing because he honestly meant it as a compliment, cheeky sod!
Posted By: chriskay Re: Mad parking - 24th Jul 2012 9:08am

I had some guy say 'well done' to me (and he actually clapped) last week because I reversed parked into a space in Asda car park Wallasey! Just because I'm a woman. I didn't know whether to be outraged or laugh. I opted for laughing because he honestly meant it as a compliment, cheeky sod!

Why do you assume it was because you're a woman? (You're probably right though) wink . I reckon that in any car park, 80% of cars have been driven forwards into a space and I can't understand why. For a start, it takes more room to do it; you can turn much tighter in reverse, when the steered wheels are trailing, but more important, if you've parked nose-in, you then have to reverse into the flow of traffic, when your view is poor. The only valid counter argument is when the parking space is bounded by a wall, and you need access to the boot when you return with your shopping.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Mad parking - 24th Jul 2012 9:32am
The parking in New Brighton along the front is quite dangerous. It's very busy down there this time of year and reversing out is quite a lottery. Saying that, I'm a lazy sod [and rubbish at parking] so I always go nose in.
Posted By: Wench Re: Mad parking - 24th Jul 2012 11:54am
If the first one is where I think it is (Aldi, New Ferry), we sat and watched her park her car there like that. I just shook my head. The ones that are in the Co-Op car park in New Brighton are of no surprise, especially one of them as they used to be a neighbour of mine.

The worst one I've seen thus far since moving was a dark haired female in the golf club car park by the Cherry Orchard. I wish now I'd taken a picture of it, or a video. Sat texting, with the engine running, parked with the front half in one space and the rear of her car in the space behind it and the wheels over into the space to the offside. There was a temptation to shop her to one of my Traffic mates that were in the area raftl

Stupid bint!!

On a side note, her parking was nowhere near as bad as the girls that got out of a few cars to go into the pub. A few of them are in desperate need of the 3 M's - a Mate, a Mirror and a Mum. There's no shame in admitting you need the next size up girls, especially you, the one shoehorned into the short pink dress. You looked like 2 Rottweilers fighting in a pillow case. The seams were screaming. Not a good look no
Posted By: Waddi Re: Mad parking - 24th Jul 2012 3:26pm
Does this one count, a friend of mine captured it in Cheshire Oaks a while ago.

Attached picture 74079_1451806695722_1820113_n.jpg
Posted By: Zubee Re: Mad parking - 24th Jul 2012 3:39pm
Originally Posted by chriskay

Why do you assume it was because you're a woman? (You're probably right though) wink . I reckon that in any car park, 80% of cars have been driven forwards into a space and I can't understand why. For a start, it takes more room to do it; you can turn much tighter in reverse, when the steered wheels are trailing, but more important, if you've parked nose-in, you then have to reverse into the flow of traffic, when your view is poor. The only valid counter argument is when the parking space is bounded by a wall, and you need access to the boot when you return with your shopping.

Sorry I should have added that he actually said "Not often you see a woman do that and get it right". But I do go nose in if I'm doing a big shop, as you said it's easier access to the boot.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Mad parking - 24th Jul 2012 5:23pm
Originally Posted by Waddi
Does this one count, a friend of mine captured it in Cheshire Oaks a while ago.

That's a classic Waddi!
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Mad parking - 9th Aug 2012 4:51pm
another one today!

Attached picture IMG_1245.JPG
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Mad parking - 9th Aug 2012 5:24pm
very selfish parking, good job some of us make an effort to park right,not just abandon your vehicle, some car-parks give you a parking ticket if not in between the lines.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Mad parking - 9th Aug 2012 8:02pm
awwww he didnt want to damage the tree at xxxx bebington lol
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Mad parking - 10th Aug 2012 3:16pm
Originally Posted by sunnyside
very selfish parking, good job some of us make an effort to park right,not just abandon your vehicle, some car-parks give you a parking ticket if not in between the lines.

But sadly they're unenforceable so no lesson is learnt.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Mad parking - 10th Aug 2012 5:40pm
Perhaps they needed to actually open the passenger door! wink
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Mad parking - 10th Aug 2012 7:00pm
How big would you have to be?
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Mad parking - 10th Aug 2012 8:45pm
That is perfectly acceptable parking. He isn't taking up 2 spaces and his OS wheels are on the white line. No problem there......
© Wirral-Wikiwirral