Forums
Posted By: Chopper1979 Ford Mondeo 1.8lx petrol 54 plate 90Kmiles - 29th Jun 2012 2:09pm
I am not a car enthusiast as you can tell from the car I have.
You clever people may have some idea how much I would get for this if I sold in privately.. I keep getting part ex offers at garages of £600-£700.
Now its condition is average. Surely I should get more for it?
Or should I just keep it as a run around and get the other car I want?
Help to those car people out there!
Posted By: Mark Re: Ford Mondeo 1.8lx petrol 54 plate 90Kmiles - 29th Jun 2012 2:18pm
If you could upload a picture may help too.
Thanks but I can't. Not got the capability!
If you don't have an idea mate its ok really- just thought there may have been a ball park figure people would buy for.
I thought about £1500.
Parkers guide I always found were not that true in the real world.
Cheers
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Ford Mondeo 1.8lx petrol 54 plate 90Kmiles - 29th Jun 2012 2:43pm
you won't get a great deal for part ex no matter what the condition of the car. If you look on ebay there's 3 - one is 1495, the other 2 are 2995

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_n...ndeo+1.8lx+petrol+54+plate&_osacat=0
Posted By: lansyp Re: Ford Mondeo 1.8lx petrol 54 plate 90Kmiles - 29th Jun 2012 3:05pm
all depends on spec ,milage and condition ,it also helps if you have proof of service history .you will always get more for a private sale also if it has a full mot .
Thanks for that.
Just looked at the ebay and is was £1495 for one with 139K on clock as opposed to £3K for one with 64K on clock.
Sod it I will keep it as I am not giving it away- it drives fine and all- I actually just wanted rid to get a mondeo st220 but balls to it- keep this another year rather than get buggered by a salesman.
Thanks all for changing my mind and saving me money.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ford Mondeo 1.8lx petrol 54 plate 90Kmiles - 29th Jun 2012 8:01pm
you will always get a better deal if you were to sell privately , why not advertise it on gumtree ,pistonheads etc etc also on here too ..
dealers will always be cheeky and take the mick with p/x deals as they have you over a barrel
Posted By: Alonso Re: Ford Mondeo 1.8lx petrol 54 plate 90Kmiles - 30th Jun 2012 4:59pm
For a few quid you can access Parker's online service. They will quote you the proper guide figure. Buying private, dealer, trade etc. Their service is usable for 24 hours. It's what the trade figures are You can do as many cars as you like. Best of luck whatever you choose to do.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral