Forums
Posted By: Mike72 06 Zafira Central Locking Fault - 4th May 2012 7:43pm
Hi, My 06 Zafira central locking seems to work for only 3 of the doors. offside passenger door is the fault. Does anybody have any ideas what this problem could be? and if so is it an easy fix as i dont have the spare cash to pay for the fix.
Posted By: rossie Re: 06 Zafira Central Locking Fault - 4th May 2012 8:54pm
It happened to somebody I know and I think it cost about £40 to fix. The repair was carried out by the electrical guy behind Home & Bargain in Moreton. If nobody else replies I will find out further details for you.
Posted By: Mike72 Re: 06 Zafira Central Locking Fault - 4th May 2012 9:05pm
cheers thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 06 Zafira Central Locking Fault - 4th May 2012 10:38pm
have a look at the wiring harness that runs from the b pillar to the leading edge of the door ..
there will be a rubber plug with a connector that all the wiring runs through from the door for the c/l and eleccy windows if you have them !!

these wires are tight and after a while of opening the door many times the wires are so short they eventually snap or break ...

garantee this is whats happened on yours mate (check the wires on door that doesnt work)
as will be this one that needs sorting

done a few of these over the years including my own old zafira

hope this helps and if you need a hand let me know !!

wiring plug you need to look at will look similar to this one below !!!
http://media.photobucket.com/image/zafira%20door%20wiring%20fault/jalfrezigazee/zafira/24062009.jpg
Posted By: cathie Re: 06 Zafira Central Locking Fault - 5th May 2012 5:49am
My 56 Astra has the same fault!!
Posted By: Mike72 Re: 06 Zafira Central Locking Fault - 5th May 2012 7:03am
Will have a look this afternoon after work :), if this is the problem what sort of money are we looking at to get it fixed??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 06 Zafira Central Locking Fault - 5th May 2012 9:44am
its a d.i.y job mate !!

its awkward but only and hour or two job mate !! sometimes its easier to remove the door completely due to it being a pain to get access to fix but can be done without

if you want me to look at it pm me and will sort it for you ,but im sure you should be able to diy !!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 06 Zafira Central Locking Fault - 5th May 2012 9:46am
most places will charge around £50 to sort it mate , but if honest its easy enough to fix yourself as will only be one or two broken wires that need re-soldering or rejoining together !!
Posted By: Mike72 Re: 06 Zafira Central Locking Fault - 6th May 2012 7:23am
Had the chance to look at the problem and all the wires had split, tried to fix it but no success :(, so now need someone who can fix it asap please. Any idea's and how much please?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 06 Zafira Central Locking Fault - 6th May 2012 10:08pm
if you can get the car to me in moreton mate ill sort it for you !!
depends on how long to do but around £20 should see it right mate ,as long as you dont mind waiting whilst i do it for ya ..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral