Forums
Posted By: goodoldphil Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 27th Apr 2012 3:20pm
Just bought a set of extra bright new head & sidelight bulbs from Amazon for my '55 plate Honda Jazz. I had a look in the handbook how to fit them and it is quite straightforward you have to take a cover off under the wing and hey presto slot the bulbs in. Just had a go and it ain't as easy as that, The car is low down and I'm a stiff old tubby git and have difficulty getting up and down and my glasses slide down my nose and I can see nowt. So I wondered is there any one one on Wiki who would be interested in doing them for me or alternatively can anyone recommend a reliable cheapish auto electrician who won't charge the earth for doing it. I went to a friendly auto elec. at the top of Green Lane but he couldn't fit me in before Tuesday and said he would charge me around £20 'ish which I thought was pretty reasonable. If possible I would like them done over the weekend or Monday.
Thanks in anticipation for any help or advise any one can offer.
Posted By: dawnmo234 Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 27th Apr 2012 4:00pm
Apex auto electricians in hoylake - fitted headlamps in my inaccessible ford ka very quickly, very reasonable price
Posted By: turnip Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 27th Apr 2012 4:49pm
I'll give it a go for a tenner ;D
Posted By: WallaseyHead Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 27th Apr 2012 4:50pm
Send me a PM and I'll ensure they are fitted this weekend.
Posted By: WallaseyHead Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 27th Apr 2012 4:51pm
Originally Posted by AlexT
I'll give it a go for a tenner ;D

I'll give it a shot for free.

Where has the 'help thy neighbour' mentality gone?
Posted By: turnip Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 27th Apr 2012 4:55pm
It has been replaced with the 'Pay for a wedding' mentality I'm afraid.
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 27th Apr 2012 4:57pm
if you get stuck i'll do it for you.
Posted By: WallaseyHead Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 27th Apr 2012 5:15pm
Loads of people here willing to do it for nothing.

Take your pick.

But DO NOT pay.
Posted By: mikroc Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 27th Apr 2012 6:44pm
make me a brew and im yours
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 27th Apr 2012 10:37pm
Sorry I have not replied to any of the kind offers I have received but I had to go out as soon as I posted this query and on the way back called into the club for a couple of beers and met a spark who has promised to do the job for me over the weekend, so thanks to everyone for your kind offers of help, it is gratifying to think how many people who don't know me were kind enough to offer their assistance.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 27th Apr 2012 10:56pm
If your stuck I am in Bromborough on Sunday if you need them fitting in the afternoon.

Posted By: Sammy1969 Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 27th Apr 2012 10:57pm
Can I ask why you want EXTRA BRIGHT LIGHTS? What is wrong with normal ones?
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 27th Apr 2012 11:07pm
They are not bright enough?

Also if he went for HID ones he would look like most mong tards in Corsa C's brapping down the A41 in the 1.2 crews.

Respekt.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 28th Apr 2012 1:45pm
Originally Posted by MrPhil
They are not bright enough?

Also if he went for HID ones he would look like most mong tards in Corsa C's brapping down the A41 in the 1.2 crews.

Respekt.

at least with an after market hid kit road signs look fantastic grin
Posted By: chriskay Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 28th Apr 2012 2:18pm
I really wish the police would start taking action against those idiots with illegal after market HID's.
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 28th Apr 2012 3:51pm
Reply to Mr Phil - thanks for the offer but I hope to get them done by the guy from the club.
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 28th Apr 2012 4:00pm
In reply to Sammy 1969 and anyone else who asked I got Extra Bright bulbs because I thought the ones I have got seem to be less efficient than they were and decided to replace them and so had a look what was available and these look the ones that will give the most illumination - never heard of HID bulbs.
This is the link I bought them off.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-Night-Breaker-Extreme-Sidelights/dp/B004J3JCFS/ref=pd_rhf_se_shvl3.
Am I going to look a dick in my little Jazz now - a pensioner boy racer perhaps?
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 28th Apr 2012 4:22pm
Some HID light info below...

http://www.phoenixautobulbs.co.uk/tp/how-do-hid-xenon-bulbs-work-and-are-they-road-legal/

You will only look a boy racer if you decide to put a cuddley toy from your tow hook as seen here.....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: Who can fit my new headlight bulbs? - 28th Apr 2012 9:58pm
Where can you buy those little fellers?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral