Forums
Posted By: DeanoBirko Grande Punto Control Panel Removal - HOW?! - 17th Apr 2012 9:51am
Im installing an AUX cable into the back of my stereo and want to install a 3.5mm socket into one of the empty switches on the dash, to keep things tidy.

I know how to fit the audio side of the job (Cables, socket, AUX-In etc)

But I dont know how to get to the buttons on the dash. I want to drill a small hole in one of them and fit one of these: [Linked Image]

I want to install it into the button circled below:

[Linked Image]

Can anyone help please?
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Grande Punto Control Panel Removal - HOW?! - 17th Apr 2012 10:23am
Think THIS may help
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Grande Punto Control Panel Removal - HOW?! - 17th Apr 2012 10:29am
That looks like a git of a job frown

Might just drill a small hole in the stereo itself, will be much simpler...
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Grande Punto Control Panel Removal - HOW?! - 17th Apr 2012 10:34am
I used to have a punto, the lead from the back to connect to an mp3 player i brought through underneath that console and just pulled it out when needed.

I bought the lead in halfords, was only about £3 at the time, plugs in with a 3.5mm socket on the end.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Grande Punto Control Panel Removal - HOW?! - 17th Apr 2012 12:40pm
Cant find the iso lead on the halfrauds website. I was gonna solder the leads onto the headunit myself. I didnt want any wires anywhere so wanted to use the plug above behind the dash so all you see is a little hole for your MP3. I can get a small lead to go from my phone to the hole.
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Grande Punto Control Panel Removal - HOW?! - 17th Apr 2012 5:11pm
you have to order it in store, correction to what I put earlier, it is a 3.5mm plug not a socket.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral