Forums
Posted By: Clive Fitting Cross Member - 25th Mar 2012 10:05pm
Any one know where I can go to get a cross member put on, I need the old one taken off and new one put on, I have new one.

Attached picture 10226.jpg
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Fitting Cross Member - 25th Mar 2012 10:19pm
i can do it for you. should be at mine most of the day tomorrow if you want to pop in.

is that what the noise was?
Posted By: Clive Re: Fitting Cross Member - 26th Mar 2012 7:12am
Originally Posted by mrhanky
i can do it for you. should be at mine most of the day tomorrow if you want to pop in.

is that what the noise was?
Thanks for the offer,
No, its defo the engine making that noise, the tappets are louder today.
The cross member on mine is all smashed in, from when it had a front end smash a few years ago.
It's knocking the front end out of alignment, and causing excessive wear on the tyres.

I have been told if the old cross member gets cut out, the arms it's welded to will ping back out and go back into correct postion, then the new one can be welded in.

I have just found out the new cross member I have is for a mk1 punto, so it's getting sent back.

If I can find somewhere on the wirral I can buy the correct one, I will get it today.

Am also getting this part in pic as well.

Description: Top cross member
Attached picture $(KGrHqN,!hEE7vzSR4hSBPOlL0Le4Q~~60_12.jpg

Description: Front cross member
Attached picture 10226.jpg

Description: Circled in yellow is where mine is smashed in.
Attached picture 280212-1645(001).jpg
Posted By: Clive Re: Fitting Cross Member - 26th Mar 2012 8:38am
I have managed to find a suppler in Golborne off East Lancs Road, so will be going to get it today.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fitting Cross Member - 26th Mar 2012 11:40am
good luck with those legs err pinging out on their own mate !!!

you will probably need to pull them slightly or massage them out so you can fit the new panel ,especially if its a spurious part (non genuine)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral