Forums
Posted By: hillo10 Corsa B - Chugging/Stalling while driving - 11th Mar 2012 11:21am
Hi guys,

I have a s reg corsa B, what happens is when i'm driving after a while the car seems to chugg and feels like it stalls?

I lose drive however my electrics stay on. I have to wait 5 mins before i can start back up. I have replaced the battery because my old one went dead while trying to get home once.

I have to press on the accelerator slightly to start the car up if this makes any difference.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Corsa B - Chugging/Stalling while driving - 11th Mar 2012 12:42pm
Crank sensor is a favourite on the 16v motors, what engine is it?
Posted By: hillo10 Re: Corsa B - Chugging/Stalling while driving - 11th Mar 2012 12:51pm
its a 16v ecotec, anywhere to get a crank sensor from?
Buy a genuine one or s/h genuine gm one, it's at the back of the bottom of the block 1 multiplug and 1 torx bolt, sensors are cheap enough to justify changing it on a good guess, if you get stuck pm me, smile

Don't buy one from a factors as the cheap ones rarely work!
Posted By: hillo10 Re: Corsa B - Chugging/Stalling while driving - 11th Mar 2012 1:05pm
Anywhere around birkenhead to grab one today that you know of mate? Also heard something that it might be the fuel pump?
If the crank sensor is failing at temp it will cause the car to cut out whilst warm then start after it's cooled down so much, it will also cause the fuel pulp to be switched off,

I don't think anywheres open now to get anything sorry.
Posted By: hillo10 Re: Corsa B - Chugging/Stalling while driving - 11th Mar 2012 1:17pm
ahh right ok, is it common on corsa b's to have to slightly rev to start the car up aswell?
Not really, there is a TSB regarding the Bosch coolant temp sensor and wiring. The coolant temp sensor tells the car when it's cold to put more fuel in to aid cold start,

But I'd start with the crank sensor, of course it's only an educated guess but it sounds very likely, and is a cheapish repair.
Posted By: hillo10 Re: Corsa B - Chugging/Stalling while driving - 11th Mar 2012 6:31pm
I have noticed the fan never starts and my radiator gets hot, i revved the engine and when it cut out again i noticed water underneath my exhaust
The fan won't start until it hits about 100degrees, about 3/4 on the temp gauge, if your worried get a professional opinion on it,
© Wirral-Wikiwirral