Forums
Posted By: louise127 Renault Megane- Help - 2nd Mar 2012 9:24am
Hiya can anyone help me, my megane starts by putting a plastic card thing in a slot then press start.....however yesterday when I put the card in it displayed "no card detected" howevere with a bit of waggling it eventualy let me start it, has anyone encountered this problem before, is it likely to cost me a fortune to fix????? and where can I take it to get it sorted, Im a dizzy bird at the best of times and could do without the stress

Louise
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Renault Megane- Help - 2nd Mar 2012 10:00am
have a look at post no5 on this forum as it may help and or solve your problem !!

common on these too
http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=72147

hope it helps and if you get stuck give me a shout and gladly have a look for you
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Renault Megane- Help - 2nd Mar 2012 10:07am
Could be the battery in the card, that happened with mine.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Renault Megane- Help - 2nd Mar 2012 10:14am
deano im pretty sure it will be the problem i posted

as usually before the piece breaks it still makes a poor contact (hence the waggling and occasionally it works)
this is until it breaks totally then stops alltogether ........

poor design much like the vauxhall two button keys which also do exactly the same thing ...

renault cards are very problematic and i personally would also get a spare card aswsell if you only have the one as it will eventually break alltogether trust me lol ..

anyway to the op hope you get it sorted

and if all else fails try this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vIvZ4uuB0M
Posted By: louise127 Re: Renault Megane- Help - 2nd Mar 2012 10:53am
Ahh thanks for that, everyone is so helpful, I'll let you know how I get on
Posted By: louise127 Re: Renault Megane- Help - 3rd Mar 2012 10:59am
had to buy a new key fob thing, renault in birkenhead wanted £170 but managed to get on in Liverpool this morning for £130 smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Renault Megane- Help - 3rd Mar 2012 11:02am
Jesus, couldnt you have bought a second hander from the bay and just had it programmed?
Posted By: louise127 Re: Renault Megane- Help - 3rd Mar 2012 11:59am
couldn't wait, it wouldnlt start at all this morning, and Ive an interview on Monday morning, after the dentist and really needed it to be fixed asap, I did look on ebay and there was a few if I could have waited that's what Id have done
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Renault Megane- Help - 3rd Mar 2012 12:06pm
Gutted, well at least it works now smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Renault Megane- Help - 5th Mar 2012 11:28am
still be worth getting the old one fixed too louise , as this way at least you would have a spare then wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral