Forums
Posted By: poodlepup key fob - 6th Jan 2012 2:59pm
Hi can anyone suggest anywhere i can get my key fob repaired or a new one,apart from main dealers,thanks.
Posted By: Clive Re: key fob - 6th Jan 2012 3:10pm
http://www.keyfobrepair.co.uk/
Posted By: poodlepup Re: key fob - 6th Jan 2012 3:54pm
Thanks Willo.
Posted By: TheDr Re: key fob - 6th Jan 2012 11:23pm
What is wrong with it, most of the local autospares type places send theirs to us/me.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: key fob - 6th Jan 2012 11:33pm
Hi,i thought the battery had gone,opened it up to replace it,and there's a tiny metal bar?? come off the circuit board.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: key fob - 6th Jan 2012 11:45pm
I got that casing off E Bay last week for about £3.50.
The guy is sending me a replacement as the first one wouldn't snap together
Posted By: poodlepup Re: key fob - 6th Jan 2012 11:52pm
Thanks Softy,casing is ok,its the circuit board,i phoned a few places today,they reckon it can't be re soldered??

No central locking and its my only key,its a pain in the @rse.

Main dealer wants silly money for a new key!
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: key fob - 6th Jan 2012 11:53pm
Doh! Should have read the post properly raftl
Posted By: poodlepup Re: key fob - 6th Jan 2012 11:58pm
Haha you've been on wiki tooooo long!
Posted By: TheDr Re: key fob - 7th Jan 2012 1:06am
Just bring it with you, they're probably right in that if you solder it using a normal soldering iron you'll destroy it, there are other ways to do it, can be cold=soldered if required.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: key fob - 7th Jan 2012 1:09am
Nice one Dr,when's best time to call at your shop?
Posted By: TheDr Re: key fob - 7th Jan 2012 1:12am
When it's open smile

Anytime Mon-Sat 10-6

You'll probably have to leave it if you can, if you can't, let me know and I'll arrange a time with you when I'll be there.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: key fob - 7th Jan 2012 1:19am
Nah i can't leave it with you,cos its my only key,and i can't walk too far at the moment to get back home,sorry to be a bloody nuisance lol
Posted By: sam_n_mark Re: key fob - 7th Jan 2012 11:43am
hi
my old car both key fobs broke and the dealer told me that i would have to put my car on a low loader and take my car to them once the new key had been received from germany

anyway i got the number of a lovely man called tommy in liverpool, i left the key with him and within the hour it was working again i will pm you his number x
Posted By: JonRon Re: key fob - 7th Jan 2012 12:44pm
TheDr,

Just a quick one. My spare key has stopped working using the remote. Assumed the battery was dead but it's meant to charge up when being used. So I started using the spare key, including a long journey of 4 hours and it still didn't work...

Any ideas?

My regular key has started playing up a little bit too which is weird.

Someone told me that you can put the key on top of one of those contactless inductive toothbrush charging bases to see if that charges it up properly, any truth in that?

Sorry for all the questions and for the slight thread hi-jack!
Posted By: poodlepup Re: key fob - 20th Feb 2012 6:19pm
The Dr from Bigabytes Rock ferry fixed my key fob,not only was he the only shop that said he could fix it,he done it for a very small fraction of the cost that other shops were quoting for a new circuit board!! Highly recommend other peeps needing repairs,to look no further than Bigabytes.

Thankyou so much Dr,much appreciated!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral