Forums
Posted By: Clive Galvanised nut and bolts - 18th Oct 2011 9:39am
Where can I buy Galvanised nut and bolts, I only need 2, but B&Q sell them in packs.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Galvanised nut and bolts - 18th Oct 2011 9:42am
Give Bernards a call, Oxton Rd.
Posted By: Clive Re: Galvanised nut and bolts - 18th Oct 2011 9:44am
Originally Posted by bert1
Give Bernards a call, Oxton Rd.
I forgot about that place, happy
Posted By: little_pob Re: Galvanised nut and bolts - 18th Oct 2011 10:05am
Howell's DIY on Rake Lane?
Posted By: jemarc Re: Galvanised nut and bolts - 18th Oct 2011 10:31am
what about Denco on corner of elmswood road x
Posted By: Clive Re: Galvanised nut and bolts - 18th Oct 2011 10:34am
Got them now from Bernards.
Posted By: Clive Re: Galvanised nut and bolts - 19th Oct 2011 7:10pm
Well I finally got it done today, angle grinded bolts off, drilled bolts out of manifold, only 1 accident, angle grinder kicked back, and with it having no safety guard on, cut through half my finger, ouch, got it wrapped in tape, holding together, as i can not be arsed going to hospital.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Galvanised nut and bolts - 19th Oct 2011 7:24pm
Originally Posted by Willo
Well I finally got it done today, angle grinded bolts off, drilled bolts out of manifold, only 1 accident, angle grinder kicked back, and with it having no safety guard on, cut through half my finger, ouch, got it wrapped in tape, holding together, as i can not be arsed going to hospital.

Much as I like you you really can be a d!ck at times tease

I do stupid things like using cutters without guards, and , like you, hope it doesn't go wrong.

If you've been cutting off rusty old bolts with that thing you'll have bits of it embedded in your finger, so despite any other damage you may/may not have done you need it cleaning out, properly.

Go to Arrowe Park drop in centre (to the left of the main A&E doors, next to the chemist), you'll get seen quickly and should be in and out within half an hour, unless the nurse takes one look and faints, in which case you'll be pushed through A&E quite quickly smile )

I know, it's a pain, I know, you have better things to do, and I know, you'll probably be fine, but, like Angle Grinders without guards kicking back when you thought that would be fine, sometimes you have to be sure laugh
Posted By: Clive Re: Galvanised nut and bolts - 19th Oct 2011 7:31pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
Originally Posted by Willo

Much as I like you you really can be a d!ck at times tease

I do stupid things like using cutters without guards, and , like you, hope it doesn't go wrong.

If you've been cutting off rusty old bolts with that thing you'll have bits of it embedded in your finger, so despite any other damage you may/may not have done you need it cleaning out, properly.

Go to Arrowe Park drop in centre (to the left of the main A&E doors, next to the chemist), you'll get seen quickly and should be in and out within half an hour, unless the nurse takes one look and faints, in which case you'll be pushed through A&E quite quickly smile )

I know, it's a pain, I know, you have better things to do, and I know, you'll probably be fine, but, like Angle Grinders without guards kicking back when you thought that would be fine, sometimes you have to be sure laugh
funny thing was, when i first started using it under car, i thought to myself hope it dont kick back and 10 mins later it did, i will go up there, and get it cleaned out and probs a few stiches. it hurts like crazy
Posted By: TheDr Re: Galvanised nut and bolts - 19th Oct 2011 7:34pm
Good smile

I'll be back on the Wirral in the next hour if you need a lift up there.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Galvanised nut and bolts - 19th Oct 2011 7:41pm
Willo hope you okay!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Galvanised nut and bolts - 19th Oct 2011 7:44pm
come close to it my self a few times, go the A+E bud, if anything for a tetness jab. Oh and dont forget to take piccies and upload as wiki members love a decent goor fest, me especially smile
Posted By: sean Re: Galvanised nut and bolts - 19th Oct 2011 8:41pm
that was daft, hope you're ok though. always rembember, never stick your fingers where you wouldn't stick your d1ck.!! whistle

had an incident whilst i was an apprentice cutting tubes from a heat exchanger bundle and the 9" disc shattered and a piece managed to hit me in the ass cheek!!! oooooh that smarted, since then i'm always a bit wary using a grinder. good job i work offshore now and grinders are rarer then hen's teeth wink
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Galvanised nut and bolts - 19th Oct 2011 9:14pm
Hope you ok mate.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Galvanised nut and bolts - 19th Oct 2011 10:14pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
come close to it my self a few times, go the A+E bud, if anything for a tetness jab. Oh and dont forget to take piccies and upload as wiki members love a decent goor fest, me especially smile

Agreed - pics, for erm, .....for educational purposes wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral