Forums
Posted By: tweetypie_5x bromborough cross car sales - 25th Sep 2011 3:08pm
Hi, im looking to buy a car from bromborough cross car budget centre and was wondering if anybody could recommend them? I've not long bought a car from motorlink and his service and standard of car was a joke to say the least. Due to this my confidence in carsales has been knocked. I was wondering if anybody had had a problem with the cars from there and how easily they got it resolved if it was? Thanks
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: bromborough cross car sales - 25th Sep 2011 4:12pm
I live near it and have heard mixed things from the budget place, one I do hear good things about is Heatherland Car Sales on the Chester High rd.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: bromborough cross car sales - 25th Sep 2011 4:21pm
I'd vouch for Heatherland, bought about 3 cars from them, some high mileage but engines were good anyway.

The used to do a cambelt change but last time I was there they didn't seem to do that any longer.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: bromborough cross car sales - 25th Sep 2011 5:22pm
I once bought a car from bromborough cross, had a problem with it and they fixed no problem,.very happy
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: bromborough cross car sales - 25th Sep 2011 7:09pm
Originally Posted by AX_125
I once bought a car from bromborough cross, had a problem with it and they fixed no problem,.very happy

Is that the 1 on the cross or the budget centre????
Posted By: tweetypie_5x Re: bromborough cross car sales - 25th Sep 2011 7:22pm
I've looked in heatherland car sales an the cars in there do seem good, however my partner has just had a car crash in the car we bought fron motorlibk and it has been written off so at the minute we have no car and have no idea how we would get there other than a taxi which we aren't really to keen on doing. We were thinking of bromborough cross cars as they are local and seem quite fair on their prices, the cars come with a 30 day warrenty which i know isnt much but its better than what prenton motor company offer on their cars.
Posted By: Historybook Re: bromborough cross car sales - 25th Sep 2011 8:55pm
I bought one from them and had no problems, it was ten years ago now though !.
I only passed that way on friday night, the one almost in Bebington was still there but i am sure the one on the cross had vanished !. Could be wrong though (not for the first time).
Posted By: Littlebear Re: bromborough cross car sales - 25th Sep 2011 11:59pm
It's been there for years/decades as well!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: bromborough cross car sales - 26th Sep 2011 5:14am
Buy private.
Posted By: tweetypie_5x Re: bromborough cross car sales - 26th Sep 2011 6:43am
We would buy private only all the private models that were looking at are either really high mileage or out of tax and m.o.t next month. We dont want to be buying someone elses problem really, the one we've seen in bromborough seems pretty fair low mileage and quite cheap.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: bromborough cross car sales - 26th Sep 2011 7:59am
I'd recommend an rac inspection or similar.
I've worked in the motor trade for years and most places will tell you anything just to sell you a car. This is due to most salesmen being paid on commission.

Ask about the warranty, is it their own warranty or a proper warranty company?
Their own warrantys are usually worthless.
I can recommend a company called warrantys 2000.

They also prefer you to take finance rather than pay cash as they make more money that way, if you can afford it pay cash, if you want finance make sure they don't stitch you into a high finance contract as that is also what most garages try to do.

Another thing is check the mileage yourself online, just because a car has service history it doesn't mean to say the mileage is correct.
You do this by asking them for the reference number from the vehicles V5 and the registration number.
You then use those details on the VOSA website and check the old Mot history which will confirm all failures, passes, advisories and mileage.

Good luck wink
Posted By: tweetypie_5x Re: bromborough cross car sales - 26th Sep 2011 9:22am
Thanks, i wish i'ld found that out a few months ago before going to motorlink i never would have bothered going there if i had. We put far too much trust in the garage and his "warranty". Going down to see the car now so fingers crossed things are good.
Posted By: daveoffshore Re: bromborough cross car sales - 1st Dec 2011 12:58am
Don't know if you are still looking but I have bought my past 6 second cars from Bromborough Cross Car Sales up in Bromborough - Martin the owner and his staff are A1. His brother Dave runs the Budget Car Sales and I have bought my son in law a car from there 18 months ago for 2.5K and still running like a dream. No hesitation in recommending.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral