Forums
Posted By: vw_kyle Registration Plates. - 5th Sep 2011 3:36pm
On a recent visit to Perth Australia spotted a few interesting registration plates and and nice cars for $400 you can get a personalised reg plate.Enjoy

Attached picture DSCF1153.JPG
Attached picture DSCF1162.JPG
Attached picture DSCF1384.JPG
Attached picture DSCF1467.JPG
Attached picture DSCF1468.JPG
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Registration Plates. - 5th Sep 2011 3:38pm
And more

Attached picture DSCF1717.JPG
Attached picture DSCF1718.JPG
Attached picture DSCF1776.JPG
Attached picture DSCF1811.JPG
Attached picture DSCF1812.JPG
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Registration Plates. - 5th Sep 2011 3:47pm
Love it!
Posted By: buddy Re: Registration Plates. - 5th Sep 2011 4:36pm
Best number plate I've seen was PEN 1S - and yes it was a small red sports car just outside Glasgow 25+ years ago!!
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Registration Plates. - 5th Sep 2011 4:39pm
also seen the reg on a mr2 MR 2 COOL
Posted By: jenscho Re: Registration Plates. - 5th Sep 2011 8:21pm
little off topic like (sorry) but did you love it there?! We're hoping to emigrate soon! Think the private reg's are the only cheap things there!!
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Registration Plates. - 13th Sep 2011 9:35pm
scruff

Attached picture scruff.jpg
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Registration Plates. - 13th Sep 2011 9:43pm
Can anyone rcommend a place to get a new plate printed.Someone backed into mine but,very kindly left his name and number!
Is it a set price now wherever you go?
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Registration Plates. - 13th Sep 2011 9:48pm
I think Halfords do them Bezzy. I got one done at the garage along Uplands Road a few months ago - just the plastic type so I can hang it on when using the bike carrier - about £7 IIRC
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Registration Plates. - 13th Sep 2011 9:50pm
Oh is that all they cost? Thanks SS.X
Posted By: AlexB Re: Registration Plates. - 13th Sep 2011 10:55pm
Just take into account they need to have the BS AU 145d number on the plate, and IIRC (although it may not be mandatory) the postcode of the place that made them? No union jacks etc are permitted. Halfords is probably the best place.

I used to get mine made by a company online and had no end of trouble with the police over the years.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Registration Plates. - 13th Sep 2011 11:20pm
Originally Posted by AlexB
No union jacks etc are permitted.

The rules on that changed a few years ago, you are allowed certain flags now.

Which fonts are UK road legal?
The only legal fonts in the UK are UK Legal, UK Legal 3D, UK Legal Carbon GEL RESIN and UK Legal Black GEL RESIN.

Which badges are UK road legal?
The Badges that are road legal are the Country Badges eg:

GB Euro, Union Jack, Wales, England, Scotland, Isle of Man, Ireland, and Northern Ireland.
Posted By: AlexB Re: Registration Plates. - 13th Sep 2011 11:24pm
Cheers.

I had a space closed on mine for a while and started to get pulled over regularly so I just went to BMW and said please make me a legal plate.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Registration Plates. - 14th Sep 2011 12:56am
Sorry it was a bit of a scruffy reply, was trying to copy/paste then delete PAGES of text on an iPad. There probably is a way to selt just one section I just haven't done it yet smile

Two fav plates, one I saw in Manchester MANY years ago, DRU 1 D

DRUID - Looked fantastic

The other was on an old Vauxhall (I think) I bought back in the 80's PEN 15 S - Probably worth a mint now wink

I was going to buy a plate on the DVLA website about two years ago, I think they missed it as it's gone now, the reason I didn't get it was my daughter objected, a lot.
F 4 RTO
Posted By: AlexB Re: Registration Plates. - 14th Sep 2011 5:24am
Double tap the word and use the blue bubbles to drag large sections? Presume you knew that 2 fingers scrolls within the reply box if needed?

PEN15 is a legitimate plate and is currently being marketed for £100,000. It's done the rounds!

Jimmy Tarbuck had COM 1C which is great.

I have spoken with a bloke who had CRA1G on his Aston.

Oh, and I know some bell end who has B3RGH on his car.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Registration Plates. - 14th Sep 2011 5:46am
Jimmy Tarbuck got done over that plate, the plate wasn't illegal, something to do with the Trades Descriptions Act. wink
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: Registration Plates. - 14th Sep 2011 6:11am
Good Morning. Now come on chaps the union flag is only a union jack when it is on a jack staff.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral