Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Agila recall - fuel tank corrosion - 14th Aug 2011 1:20pm
I can't find any mention of this on the internet, but Vauxhall are doing a voluntary recall of Agilas to re-underseal the petrol tank due to lamination of the original underseal. I know one UK person to have had the recall.

The only mention I found on the internet is for Portugal HERE
Posted By: peodude Re: Agila recall - fuel tank corrosion - 14th Aug 2011 2:25pm
Nothing showing on VOSA site http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Agila recall - fuel tank corrosion - 14th Aug 2011 3:45pm
Originally Posted by peodude
I guess that's because its a voluntary recall. I assume its a quality issue at the moment not a safety issue.

I also guess that Suzuki Wagon R may have the same problem as they are the same vehicle just badged differently.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Agila recall - fuel tank corrosion - 14th Aug 2011 3:48pm
What years does this affect? Because the modern Agila isnt a Wagon R.

smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Agila recall - fuel tank corrosion - 14th Aug 2011 4:09pm
If you look at the Portugese link it says 2003 to 2007.
Posted By: johncon Re: Agila recall - fuel tank corrosion - 14th Aug 2011 8:30pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Originally Posted by peodude
I guess that's because its a voluntary recall. I assume its a quality issue at the moment not a safety issue.

I also guess that Suzuki Wagon R may have the same problem as they are the same vehicle just badged differently.

Virtualy all recalls show up on the VOSA site eventualy. voluntary and otherwise but they do sometimes take some time to come up.
Posted By: rockster Re: Agila recall - fuel tank corrosion - 14th Aug 2011 8:46pm
My mate had a WagonR cant remember reg but about mid 2000's and his tank p*ssed petrol out.
Started out for a few weeks by getting a little whiff of petrol everytime he got out the car.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral