Forums
Posted By: Clive Amp wiring - 14th Aug 2011 8:22am
i have just bought a 800w amp for my car, which is the correct wire grade size to use to power it, i dont want to go to halfrauds and pay nearly £30 for a power cable
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Amp wiring - 14th Aug 2011 8:41am
8 gauge is plenty, Or in house bashing terms 4mm is fine too!
Posted By: Clive Re: Amp wiring - 14th Aug 2011 8:49am
so would normal mains wire be ok, i have an old extension lead, i could butcher.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Amp wiring - 14th Aug 2011 9:33am
As long as its 2.5 you'll be fine.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Amp wiring - 14th Aug 2011 10:23am
I have a few power leads like new will do you one £10.... I also have a few audio leads. Some are gold plated...
Posted By: Clive Re: Amp wiring - 14th Aug 2011 11:31am
how much for the lot, and how long are they
Posted By: Clive Re: Amp wiring - 14th Aug 2011 7:30pm
Can any one give me any advice on how to wire up my 4 channel amp, i have to phono outs on my stereo white & red, i have attached a pic of diagram on amp, if pic is not clear enough, i will try to take a better pic.

Attached picture Photo0078.jpg
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Amp wiring - 14th Aug 2011 8:01pm
You need splitter leads, if you look the two middle phono's are joined together, likewise the two outer phono's are joined.
Posted By: Clive Re: Amp wiring - 14th Aug 2011 8:21pm
Thanks for that diggingdeeper, On my phono cable i have 2 at stereo end, and i have put 4 at amp end, pic attached of how i have wired it up, but it sounds bad

Attached picture Photo0079.jpg
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Amp wiring - 14th Aug 2011 8:30pm
I can't see what is written by the sockets.

Usually channels 1 & 3 are left, 2 & 4 are right, 1 & 2 are front, 3 & 4 are rear (on ones I've played with, I don't know if that is standard)

Left = white, right = red for phono stereo (that is a standard)

Make sure the polarity of the speakers are all correct (at least all the same way), if one speaker "pushes" while another "pulls" you lose loads of bass.
Posted By: Clive Re: Amp wiring - 14th Aug 2011 8:37pm
Thanks.
I will bring amp in house tomorrow, and scan the wiring label on it, and make it bigger and post it up, thanks for your info, much appreciated
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Amp wiring - 14th Aug 2011 9:03pm
This is all i found sure i have more somewhere ? only found one power lead with the Earth, you can have them for £10. and the Audios has got to be worth £10 each.
Posted By: Clive Re: Amp wiring - 15th Aug 2011 8:06am
Originally Posted by Winter
Thanks.
I will bring amp in house tomorrow, and scan the wiring label on it, and make it bigger and post it up, thanks for your info, much appreciated
As much as I try, I just can not get the wiring manual any clearer.

Attached picture Photo0081.jpg
Attached picture Photo0082.jpg
Attached picture Photo0083.jpg
Attached picture Photo0084.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral