Forums
Posted By: tweetypie_5x motorlink - 28th Jun 2011 9:26am
Has anyone ever had a problem with cars bought from motorlink in bromborough? Just bought a car from there and the brakes are shot and needs 3 new tyres and a rear exhaust but its managed to pass an m.o.t. I've only done about 20miles in the car since the m.o.t so this seems to be alot wrong with the car so soon. Who would this fall down to motorlink or the garage that m.o.t'd the car and not picking up on the faults?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: motorlink - 28th Jun 2011 9:29am
oooooooo your not the only one to bring these guys to wiki, but the previous member to go through trouble with motorlink kept at them and got a new car in the end...
Posted By: Wheels Re: motorlink - 28th Jun 2011 9:39am
I'd go back no doubt about it!

I bought a Jap import once from the import garage they MOT'd it for me and sent me on the way (after a test drive but I had to be the passenger) I asked if the clutch was slipping and he said no. As soon as I left the garage on the motorway I realised it was! Even the exhaust was zip tied on! WTF!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: motorlink - 28th Jun 2011 9:42am
If you suspect a dodgy MOT and get nowhere with the company that sold you the car - report it to VOSA.
Posted By: Wheels Re: motorlink - 28th Jun 2011 9:48am
Also the rear suspension was broke. They said there was nothing wrong with the car YER RIGHT! It took a week of heated phone arguments but I got my car that I part ex'd for it back. I lost out on the extra warranty that I paid and 300miles of fuel but I was just glad to take it back. Garages will sometimes have "there mechanic" who basically lobs it through a dogey station just to get the MOT In some cases the car won't even be MOT'd and they will just get the paperwork. Trading standards can help you out on this a lot. I think they suggested I had an RAC inspection done too to back my side up.
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: motorlink - 28th Jun 2011 9:51am
i bought a car from there myself. It only lasted a year but that was no fault of motorlinks. I found the guy to be very helpful and car was as described.

But as sanchez said your not the first person to complain about them.

Did you not get a 3 month warranty when you bought it?
Posted By: Wheels Re: motorlink - 28th Jun 2011 9:54am
Sorry for the multi posts (my phone won't scroll in the chat box)
Also if the car was sent for the MOT faithfully by the garage and for what ever reason the tester just decided to pass it with minimal inspection then that could be a reason too? I sold Sanchez my fiancée's punto cos it broke down and we bought her a new car. Then was told there was no way it should of passed an MOT! This made me feel like c r a p cos I sold a mate a non road worthy car when I had no idea about an problem. An MOT station that her dad took it too must of just signed it off.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: motorlink - 28th Jun 2011 9:54am
Originally Posted by Wheels
Also the rear suspension was broke. They said there was nothing wrong with the car YER RIGHT! It took a week of heated phone arguments but I got my car that I part ex'd for it back. I lost out on the extra warranty that I paid and 300miles of fuel but I was just glad to take it back. Garages will sometimes have "there mechanic" who basically lobs it through a dogey station just to get the MOT In some cases the car won't even be MOT'd and they will just get the paperwork. Trading standards can help you out on this a lot. I think they suggested I had an RAC inspection done too to back my side up.

What car was that wheels, I cant remember u in an import?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: motorlink - 28th Jun 2011 9:57am
Black S14?
Posted By: Wheels Re: motorlink - 28th Jun 2011 10:05am
Yer that's right Stuy. Only had it a week. Threatened him with everything that the law says but he didn't care. I think after I told him that he burned me so I'll burn all his cars made him change his mind especially when I drove all the way back there which he didn't expect.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: motorlink - 28th Jun 2011 10:56am
My sis got a car from there about 3 yrs ago, 12 months mot from the garage on clatterbridge roundabout, next day brakes failed and she went into the back of someone.

Got nowhere with garage and she was done for.
Posted By: tweetypie_5x Re: motorlink - 28th Jun 2011 12:09pm
Yes, they give us a 3 month warranty with the car but this only covers engine and gear box. If i had of done a couple of hundred miles in the car and these faults had came up then i wouldnt of been to bothered about doing them but I've barely used the car and got to spend a couple of hundred pound putting it right which i hadnt expected to do buying it from a garage with a 12 month m.o.t
Posted By: carlybaby87 Re: motorlink - 21st Apr 2012 8:21am
Hey,

I bought a car from Motorlink last may, and within 2 weeks my car broke down at traffic lights as the headgasket had gone, so i got a vehicle recovery to pick me n my car up, n i dropped it off back at motorlink, and told them to sort it as under 3 month warranty, so they did...so i thought they said it was the radiator and "replaced it" then about a week later i drove from bebington to bromborough, and and my temp gage was at max within minutes, so i sent my dad back with my keys and he got the fella to pick my car up and get it fixed, turned out the head gasket had gone all along and he had it fixed for me all for free and my cars been great ever since... but id never buy from there again!
Posted By: carlybaby87 Re: motorlink - 21st Apr 2012 8:24am
yeh i wonder how my car passed its MOT as my driver seatbelt clasp doesnt work, my rear window washer has been cut, and rear light is out... dreadin puttin it in for its MOT!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: motorlink - 21st Apr 2012 10:08am
Originally Posted by Wheels
I think after I told him that he burned me so I'll burn all his cars made him change his mind especially when I drove all the way back there which he didn't expect.

Lol, nice method laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral