Forums
Posted By: Maisie Auto Electrician needed please! - 9th Jun 2011 6:36pm
Hi guys, can anyone recommend a decent auto electrician, not Advanced though...Someone who has experience with Renault Clio engine management faults.

Thanks
Maisie
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 9th Jun 2011 8:00pm
whats up with it?
Posted By: Maisie Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 10th Jun 2011 6:43am
Originally Posted by chris_gilly
whats up with it?

The ECU is saying the MAP sensor is at fault. The MAP sensor has been changed 3 times. The MAP sensor was changed yesterday by my friend at Birkenhead Engine, and the fault is still there. After checking everything they can, they said it needs a auto electrician to have a look at it...they think it could be something as simple as a break in one of the wires leading to the MAP sensor.

The car runs fine, if the engine management light isn't on...but once that light comes on its crap.

I've been to Advanced with other cars, and let me just say this...they were wrong on every occassion. Thats's why I don't want to take it there.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 10th Jun 2011 12:56pm
No matter what my Clio engine management light it always on, i just live with the fact now , still runs just as sweet even as if its not on
Posted By: DavidB Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 10th Jun 2011 4:32pm
Could be the ECU? Are there any air leaks?
Posted By: Maisie Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 10th Jun 2011 6:40pm
Originally Posted by DavidB
Could be the ECU? Are there any air leaks?

I'm hoping it's not the ECU, and just a broken wire somewhere. As far as I know there are no air leaks...It was in the garage yesterday and mechanically it's spot on...but electrically it's not!!

When that light is on, it has a habit of cutting out when I'm changing down to go round corners....the rev just drop off completely.

I'm running out of ideas now!
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 12th Jun 2011 9:38am
maisie,take it to chris gilly,top man. just repaired my beemer, no fuss and no fancy prices.good job, well done.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 12th Jun 2011 10:11am
I'm in need of an Auto spark too, just to trace a battery drain on my landcruiser. Anyone recommend somewhere in S.Wirral?
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 12th Jun 2011 11:30am
im in birkenhead if needs be?
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 12th Jun 2011 11:31am
Originally Posted by tankrat22
maisie,take it to chris gilly,top man. just repaired my beemer, no fuss and no fancy prices.good job, well done.

cheers buddy!
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 12th Jun 2011 12:13pm
Where will I find you Chris?

Jim.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 12th Jun 2011 12:22pm
at the rear of oxton road,
rear 47 oxton road, ch41 2qq
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 12th Jun 2011 12:39pm
cheers willo,

text call 07783628321
im there from 10am til 3 then back for 4 til 7ish
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 12th Jun 2011 12:45pm
are you there today chris
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 12th Jun 2011 12:53pm
not today buddy, was this morning had a couple of tyres to change for the taxis, well gone now, only local if its important, have a bit of running round to do today
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 12th Jun 2011 12:56pm
txt sent
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 12th Jun 2011 1:35pm
check the wiring going to the mass air flow
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 12th Jun 2011 4:37pm
Thanks chaps, I can't make it tomorrow but will try for sometime on Tuesday, either on my lunch if I'm in the area or after work... will text you beforehand.

Cheers, Jim.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Auto Electrician needed please! - 12th Jun 2011 5:19pm
sure buddy, i work all sorts of weird hours, so just try me anytime,
© Wirral-Wikiwirral