Forums
Posted By: DavidB Auto-electrician (diagnostic) - 1st Apr 2011 10:09am
Anyone know of anywhere local that does this with CAN1 diagnostics?
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Auto-electrician (diagnostic) - 1st Apr 2011 7:40pm
Advanced buddy smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: Auto-electrician (diagnostic) - 2nd Apr 2011 9:08am
I tried them, in conversation I said to him the exhaust was blowing, and he said the exhaust manifold was sucking air in whistle and the lambda was getting confused. £30.
He 100% said that!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Auto-electrician (diagnostic) - 2nd Apr 2011 10:56am
Originally Posted by DavidB
I tried them, in conversation I said to him the exhaust was blowing, and he said the exhaust manifold was sucking air in whistle and the lambda was getting confused. £30.
He 100% said that!
That sounds ok to me, all though at times there is large positive pressure and may blow outwards, the exhaust gas rushing past a gap can draw air in (many things rely on this effect), and obviously would upset the lambda.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Auto-electrician (diagnostic) - 3rd Apr 2011 9:44am
The blow is well after the lambda though. He just gave me a diagnosis on what I just told him, I didnt pay for that!
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Auto-electrician (diagnostic) - 3rd Apr 2011 11:18am
take the manifold off, as it defo has a blow in it, last time i bought a gasket for one of them a week back it was about £1-2

defo do that before doing anything, i did a 75 1.8t which was doing the same and was clicking from the exhaust, changing the manifold gasket sorted it
Posted By: DavidB Re: Auto-electrician (diagnostic) - 3rd Apr 2011 3:29pm
I only took it off to check the sensor through an occiloscope in the week, its been the same thing for over three weeks now, the flexi joint has cracked at the joint its a new one as well!
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Auto-electrician (diagnostic) - 3rd Apr 2011 4:00pm
id defo seal the exhaust up before going any further buddy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral