Forums
Posted By: mondeo_st_99 does anyone know how to tint glass? - 24th Mar 2011 9:50am
Got a vauxhall astra that i want the glass tinting on, i have all the stuff to do it but i dont fancy doing it myself now i've read up on the internet how to do it. Would be wulling to pay to get it done.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: does anyone know how to tint glass? - 24th Mar 2011 10:18am
I tried it once when I was 20, it failed. I tried again when I was 26, it failed again with a heat gun more patients.....

See a pro bud, vynal graffixs on dock road do it bud!
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: does anyone know how to tint glass? - 24th Mar 2011 10:19am
I Think you better check up with the police and dvla because it could be come a problem I Hear that a fella bought a brand new car from a car showroom that had tint window years ago and keep getting hassle from the police.Cause they reckon the tints was to dark and it could cause accident with drivers at night time.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: does anyone know how to tint glass? - 24th Mar 2011 10:20am
Never use spray... that is a recipe for failure...
Posted By: Sanchez Re: does anyone know how to tint glass? - 24th Mar 2011 10:32am
Originally Posted by polo_phil

They did an ok job of mine years bk, who else would you recomend bud?
Posted By: polo_phil Re: does anyone know how to tint glass? - 24th Mar 2011 10:44am
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Originally Posted by polo_phil

They did an ok job of mine years bk, who else would you recomend bud?

Oh sorry I am not talking about a shop! i meant never use spray tint in a rattle can DIY job style. My apologies
Posted By: mondeo_st_99 Re: does anyone know how to tint glass? - 24th Mar 2011 8:47pm
Thanks, i had it all checkd out today turns out the glass is pretinted so its a good job i didnt attempt it. Its now booked in tomorrow to a place in green lane
Posted By: dva99999 Re: does anyone know how to tint glass? - 25th Mar 2011 12:15am
Can you let me know how you get in with the guy in Green Lane (is it soundwaves?) I have had him install sound systems in my cars before he's quick, cheap and very good, but this is a very interesting addition to his portfolio.
Cheers
Posted By: TheDr Re: does anyone know how to tint glass? - 25th Mar 2011 10:04pm
Originally Posted by dva99999
Can you let me know how you get in with the guy in Green Lane (is it soundwaves?) I have had him install sound systems in my cars before he's quick, cheap and very good, but this is a very interesting addition to his portfolio.
Cheers

I've known Ian for many many years, it is Soundwaves, and Elite Limo's. They've been doing the tinting for a few years now so it's not anything new.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: does anyone know how to tint glass? - 27th Mar 2011 8:54am
Soundwaves did the install in my Focus years ago when I was into that sort of thing. He did a fantastic job and is a really nice guy as well. He helped me out free of charge when I got stuck installing a Parrot handsfree kit too.

I thought he did tinting back then?

Regardless, he's someone I would definitely recommend.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral